Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been awarded a trophy for 25,000 posts.:okay:

Pretty close
but you really need to practise those penalties more

2022_08_01_Commute_02.jpg

On "long commute" days: leaving the last town but one and seeing the French hills in the distance: It always cheers me up...

2022_08_01_Commute_05.jpg

The view on the way back isn't so shabby either...

gbb

Legendary Member
Our 6 year old grandaughter absolutely squeeling and laughing with delight as she is transported in virtual reality ride at out campsites entertainments.
I'd pay £3 several times a day just to hear it.
I'm flying, I'm flying....whoa I'm under the water....wahaaayyyyyy, she was possibly the most excited I've ever seen her after that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That little black object on the right of the beer can rim is a fruit fly. I have a colony of them thriving in my kitchen. The deceased one must've fancied a drink and er, died happy!:smile:

1659928143864.png

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Haddock and chips with a bread cake,Seniors Fish and Chip restaurant Poulton me Fylde,then latte and coffee renoir at Barton Grange garden centre.This is what we do when we have been over to clean the house and garden for Mrs P's aged parents.

Seniors was recommended to me a while back, and very nice it is too.

I'm sure you mean barm cake and not bread cake though don't you? 😊

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm sure you mean barm cake and not bread cake though don't you? 😊
I think he means 'tay cake', pronounced teacake.:okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A tea-cake is a bread-like bun with fruit (currants, raisins or sultanas) distributed throughout.
It depends on where you live or came from. Around here tea-cakes are usually white, but also brown bread, about large saucer to small plate sized and about 1.5 inch thick. The local bakers/confectioners put a decent amount of fat in to keep them soft and tastier. Shop/supermarket bought ones tend to lack fat and end up crumbly and dry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom