Tube vs tubeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So basically you were talking nonsense, so I was wasting my breath trying to give you an honest sensible answer. Noted for future discussion, perhaps I won't bother trying to be polite next time ...

I’ve noticed in the past that you enjoy an argument.

You’ve ruined this thread.

Surely there must be someone in the Politics/Current Affairs you can fall out with and leave the rest of us to discuss tubeless?

Plenty of people give time and money to schemes to help the disabled, para-cyclists etc. If that's not a reasonable suggestion then I think you need to have a word with yourself.
It is and very commendable too but this really has gone off on a tangent and mainly due to your misinterpretation of what YOU have said and what you THINK I have said.

It's certainly not up to you to suggest that I don't buy something I want and give the money to charity instead because you think I should, then when I challenge you proceed to tell me I asked where to spend my money and then whined about the answer you gave me!

You really are a 'card'.

My dear Shep. This is, of course, a pointless diversion. If you care to scan back, I merely stated how sensible your £46 expenditure was for you, in your circumstances. That is it. That is what I wrote. Feel free to check it, don't take my word for it.

That may well be a sensible purchase for you (in your circs)

It really does take a miracle worker to twist that round into an argument about your personal financial choices. What did the Bard say - "doth protest too much"? Hmm?
Any why Mr Rider feels the need to join the defence of your spending (which, may I remind you both, I posted in approval of) is beyond me. But he has succeeded in stoking the flames beautifully!

That may well be a sensible purchase for you (in your circs)

I may well now have run out of gumption on this topic, so not promising any more deep philisopical insight, or financial advice today, sorry ...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyway kids, don't go inflating tubeless anywhere you don't want the sealant to cover, so not near your bikes, not in the kitchen, and certainly not in the lounge.

Same goes for using talc for tubes, not in the house. Hoovering up will clog your vacuum.

Public Service Announcement over. Carry on arguing !

After reading an earlier post by @Scottish Scrutineer I did a bit of googling and am amazed to find that you can indeed inject sealant without removing the valve core first.

I just assumed that the ‘bits’ in the sealant would struggle to get through. Maybe the bits in the Caffelatex sealant are a smaller diameter?

I’ve certainly read somewhere that it’s recommended to pour directly into the tyre when using the Stans Race Tyre sealant as the bits are bigger, which puts me off using it as once I’ve got a tyre to seat correctly I’d be loathe to break the bead unless absolutely necessary.

Every day is a school day. :smile:

Anyway kids, don't go inflating tubeless anywhere you don't want the sealant to cover, so not near your bikes, not in the kitchen, and certainly not in the lounge.

Same goes for using talc for tubes, not in the house. Hoovering up will clog your vacuum.

Public Service Announcement over. Carry on arguing !

View attachment 588651

That’s another reason I prefer to put the sealant in through the valve. I like to try and get the bead seated before adding sealant.

I must admit to having set my wheels up in the kitchen last time. Looks like outside is the better option.

Did any sealant reach the ceiling? :laugh:

fossyant

That’s another reason I prefer to put the sealant in through the valve. I like to try and get the bead seated before adding sealant.

I must admit to having set my wheels up in the kitchen last time. Looks like outside is the better option.

Did any sealant reach the ceiling? :laugh:

Wasn't me. It's a regular issue on MTB forums, especially if someone burps a tubeless out on the trail - gunk everywhere

fossyant

PS I've not got any ENVE wheels, even more expensive than those Wobbly Hunts - now you would be upset if your ENVE's were wobbly, mad with envy of folk without wobbly wheels. :whistle:

well this thread has reached 10 pages on the ins and outs of tubeless and top tips for tubeless satisfaction/orgasms.
If I needed any convincing that it's something I can live without, I can't think of 10 better reasons.
I rarely get punctures despite running my tyres into the ground.
If tyres were sentient beings I would long ago have been imprisoned for cruelty.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

A shake of talc is a known way to aid cleaning a carpet - the fine particles absorb dirt.

The likes of Shake'n'Vac works in a similar manner, although I wouldn't recommend stuffing your hoover's head into a vat of it.

Did any sealant reach the ceiling?

Reminds me of a cash in transit robber who got away with one of the note cassettes used in cash machines - anything up to £50k in them, so they are worth having.

He knew there was dye in the cassette to spoil the notes in an unauthorised entry, so he decided to plonk the cassette in his bath before attacking it.

When the police arrested him there was tell tale orange dye still dripping from his bathroom ceiling, and running down the walls.

He'd made a ham-fisted attempt to clean it up, but had only succeeded in making the mess worse.

well this thread has reached 10 pages on the ins and outs of tubeless and top tips for tubeless satisfaction/orgasms.
If I needed any convincing that it's something I can live without, I can't think of 10 better reasons.
I rarely get punctures despite running my tyres into the ground.
If tyres were sentient beings I would long ago have been imprisoned for cruelty.

I’m not trying to convince anyone. Each to their own.

It’s always interesting to hear other peoples actual experiences though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom