Tubular via Clincher questions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
You have seriously escalated the doubt that was already growing in my mind.
The more I have read and researched them the more I think they will not be for me. They should sell on easily enough. I am going carbon clincher. Used 404's perhaps or SRAM's?

I will of course have one ride on the tubs and unless I am truly blown away they are going back up for sale.
That's where impulse leads :sad:

I bought some on impulse, I loved them. You can always use the co2 repair jobbies (can't remember what they're called, when you get a flat. However I went on a club ride without any plan b. I mean, it was only the once. How often do you get a flat right! Hit a flint, dead centre of rear tyre. Flatted right away. Middle of nowhere.

Long story short, hour or so walking, 20 minute wait for a cab, £30 fare, sold them on. I thought they rode really well, and they took 1kg off the weight of my bike, but only good for supported racing imho.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I bought some on impulse, I loved them. You can always use the co2 repair jobbies (can't remember what they're called, when you get a flat. However I went on a club ride without any plan b. I mean, it was only the once. How often do you get a flat right! Hit a flint, dead centre of rear tyre. Flatted right away. Middle of nowhere.

Long story short, hour or so walking, 20 minute wait for a cab, £30 fare, sold them on. I thought they rode really well, and they took 1kg off the weight of my bike, but only good for supported racing imho.
If you use tubs you need to carry a spare, full stop.

Sharky

Guru
Used to carry at least one, maybe two spare tubs. Mine were always ropey and I also carried a patches, razor blade and needle and thread on longer rides. Did manage to repair them at the roadside once or twice and have also managed to ride home on a flat tub.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Sounds like you might have a puncture...
Had a puncture.

Just checked the pressure and the tub has lost 30psi over 15 hours. Thats not surprising as tubs do that. What is surprising is there is any pressure in it at all after four punctures :eek:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
image.jpeg
I wouldn't put my faith in a sealant.
I am !
That's 18 more pins in the tyre and still no puncture .
All hail pit stop
:notworthy:

Citius

Just checked the pressure and the tub has lost 30psi over 15 hours. Thats not surprising as tubs do that.

Not all of them, and not that much either. Any tub with a latex inner will lose some pressure (but not necessarily that much, which is very unusual), tubs with a butyl inner like Conti Competitions should not be losing any more than any other tyre, clincher or otherwise...

Top Bottom