Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well I’m now officially a member of a sub forum about turbo trainers, and don’t actually own a turbo trainer. Well I do have an old Bkool pro but I’m not sure that would even make a good doorstop the condition it’s in. I hope this new information doesn’t mean I lose my posting privileges. Because if I can’t spout a load of cr@p on here the missus is going to have to take the brunt of it. And she can hold a grudge much longer than any of you can :ph34r:

Kick him out! Heathen! :evil:

Go and post in some snooker or Sparky forum :okay:

:biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If you are looking at disposing of you bkool pro please keep me in mind. One of my brothers may need it to get started riding again :eek: and I could use the parts to rebuild my classic
Chap at work is currently using my Pro to get a feel for turboing, but I'm up for selling the Pro if you're interested.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well I’m now officially a member of a sub forum about turbo trainers, and don’t actually own a turbo trainer. Well I do have an old Bkool pro but I’m not sure that would even make a good doorstop the condition it’s in. I hope this new information doesn’t mean I lose my posting privileges. Because if I can’t spout a load of cr@p on here the missus is going to have to take the brunt of it. And she can hold a grudge much longer than any of you can :ph34r:
:headshake: You're not welcome here anymore .... how can you argue that your trainer is most realistic when you don't have one?!? :cuppa: :tongue:

You still looking to get the NEO bike when it comes out?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:headshake: You're not welcome here anymore .... how can you argue that your trainer is most realistic when you don't have one?!? :cuppa: :tongue:

You still looking to get the NEO bike when it comes out?
Sorry @Whorty, @TurboTommy 's trainer is more realistic, it's the real world. The only problems are no ERG mode so Trainer Road is going to be a little more difficult comply with and riding the Alpe or Ventooux or Pikes Peak is going to involve a lot of flying. :dry:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
If you are looking at disposing of you bkool pro please keep me in mind. One of my brothers may need it to get started riding again :eek: and I could use the parts to rebuild my classic

It’s in pieces TB. I tried and failed to get bkool to replace it because the motor has burnt out from what I can tell. But you’re welcome to have it to try and salvage what you can.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Sorry @Whorty, @TurboTommy 's trainer is more realistic, it's the real world. The only problems are no ERG mode so Trainer Road is going to be a little more difficult comply with and riding the Alpe or Ventooux or Pikes Peak is going to involve a lot of flying. :dry:

Funny you say that TB. I think one of the things in the pipe line for electronic gearing is fully automated gears that will shift depending on pre set cadence or power parameters.

bobinski

Legendary Member

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It’s in pieces TB. I tried and failed to get bkool to replace it because the motor has burnt out from what I can tell. But you’re welcome to have it to try and salvage what you can.
Thanks TT I'll PM you later to try and get a meet up organised :thumbsup:
Funny you say that TB. I think one of the things in the pipe line for electronic gearing is fully automated gears that will shift depending on pre set cadence or power parameters.
Baron Biosystems Bioshift, iirc, demo'd that 2 or 3 years ago. Both DCR and GCN did a video and posts about the system. Looked uber cool and uber spendy, right down your street :whistle:. I think it was developed on Di2 systems but could be developed for any electronic groupset. Part of the reason I'm looking at an electronic groupset on my next bike :whistle:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Thanks TT I'll PM you later to try and get a meet up organised :thumbsup:

Baron Biosystems Bioshift, iirc, demo'd that 2 or 3 years ago. Both DCR and GCN did a video and posts about the system. Looked uber cool and uber spendy, right down your street :whistle:. I think it was developed on Di2 systems but could be developed for any electronic groupset. Part of the reason I'm looking at an electronic groupset on my next bike :whistle:

Not for me I don't think. I think I'd prefer being in total control. Etap comes with a port thingy to allow firmware updates and I think everyone assumed it was a matter of time before new stuff was imported. But nothing yet.

Top Bottom