Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Im thinking of trying to enter the Fred whitton in 2019:ohmy:

Entries open 7th Jan, Are there any other stupid Cyclechatters interested?

That is a long day in the saddle.. almost 4000m of climbing.. :headshake:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I had forgotten about the DD and FW. Looking at both I reckon the DD is theoretically easier- just!

I was going to say they’re both a giant pain in the arse to get to from London unless you drive, but then I remembered Randy has a ‘slightly’ longer pilgrimage to make than us :whistle:

Andy the Fred Whitton is on my bucket list. If you defer to next year I’d join you. Then you could do the dd this year with us?

What is the date for the dd / fw this year?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was going to say they’re both a giant pain in the arse to get to from London unless you drive, but then I remembered Randy has a ‘slightly’ longer pilgrimage to make than us :whistle:

Andy the Fred Whitton is on my bucket list. If you defer to next year I’d join you. Then you could do the dd this year with us?

What is the date for the dd / fw this year?

:laugh:

Yeah, let’s have a CC trip to the Fred Whitton next year. Carl could do it in his SS:okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Maybe this is a good time and place to set out some targets for next year. I might re edit this post as the day goes on as I think of more and more unrealistic proposals! Feel free to join me :smile:

•I intend to ride at least one imperial century every month. My partner in crime Berty is joining me in this challenge, but there is always space for more compadres.

•Attempt to do one of those centuries on my fixed gear bike

•Next year (2020), I plan to start racing in the masters series and I have a training plan specific to this goal which I will implement.

•I intend to ride 8,000 miles for the year. I actually see this as being quite a conservative target, but after a year with some injury I think I’ll keep it modest.

•I intend to do a loop of Regent’s Park in under 6 minutes.

•I intend to improve on my best average speed for a century ride. (Currently 20mph)

•No weight loss target as I’m happy where I am. But I will focus on improving power to weight ratio if I can while sustaining current weight.

•I might add some climbing targets here.

•I might add some specific events I’m targeting here.

•I might copy some other people’s targets here ^_^

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Maybe this is a good time and place to set out some targets for next year. I might re edit this post as the day goes on as I think of more and more unrealistic proposals! Feel free to join me :smile:

•I intend to ride at least one imperial century every month. My partner in crime Berty is joining me in this challenge, but there is always space for more compadres.

•Next year (2020), I plan to start racing in the masters series and I have a training plan specific to this goal which I will implement.

•I intend to ride 8,000 miles for the year. I actually see this as being quite a conservative target, but after a year with some injury I think I’ll keep it modest.

•I intend to improve on my best average speed for a century ride. (Currently 20mph)

•No weight loss target as I’m happy where I am. But I will focus on improving power to weight ratio if I can while sustaining current weight.

Some good targets there Tommy. I must dig out the ones I set last year. I know I have failed my distance target of 6,000 miles unless I ride 165 miles today :smile: I'm thinking of a TSS target rather than distance this year - and will pop my goals up later today.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Add a Fixie/SS target now you have that bike. Maybe a SS century... combine it with ToC?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Some good targets there Tommy. I must dig out the ones I set last year. I know I have failed my distance target of 6,000 miles unless I ride 165 miles today :smile: I'm thinking of a TSS target rather than distance this year - and will pop my goals up later today.

6000 was my target too. Although I fell far further short than you did. Well done for gettting so close :thumbsup:. In my case I stopped recording my commutes mid way through the year which made a bit of a difference, but overall I just didn’t put the miles in generally.

CXRAndy

Guru
Fred Whitton broken down into 10 very steep climbs, joined by lumpy bits over 114 miles. In going to apply and see if I get in. The wife has already looking to make it a family weekend trip, so I maybe going if I get in.

I've not got anything so grand planned, I've put back my tour of UK to autumn due to house build commitments. I'll do things as they pop up where I can. Just keep indoor training for most of the year.

Top Bottom