Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Add a Fixie/SS target now you have that bike. Maybe a SS century... combine it with ToC?

Cheers Carl. I actually meant to add a fixed gear century to the list. It won’t be Cambridge though. Too much fun to be had in the pack!

I also thought about adding that I wouldn’t make any impulse cycling purchases next year. But considering I bought a pair of cycling shoes last night that I don’t need. Which are completely white and it’s mid winter. I thought that was too unrealistic :rolleyes:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Fred Whitton broken down into 10 very steep climbs, joined by lumpy bits over 114 miles. In going to apply and see if I get in. The wife has already looking to make it a family weekend trip, so I maybe going if I get in.

I've not got anything so grand planned, I've put back my tour of UK to autumn due to house build commitments. I'll do things as they pop up where I can. Just keep indoor training for most of the year.
cold it be a cyclechat challenge ? done at a time that suits us all ?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Id be up for it as well as its so close to hame.. may need to work on a bale out route as I cant climb that much, that steep over that distance.. :surrender:
Don't worry plenty walk up Wrynose on the FW!!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think my preference would be to do the organised version. Firstly I don’t think there’s much chance that we all stick together for the whole route so the more company the better. Also it looks like a well organised event.

I didn’t know it was ballot entry. But we could apply this year if entry’s are still open. Then if we get in defer it for a year. That way we get two shots at getting in.

kipster

Guru
I haven't set any targets for the coming year, will be getting some building works done, and I really need to get my MG BGT back on the road. If I can get over 5000 miles then I will be happy. The odd 100 mile ride would be nice as would an alpine climb or two.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OK, as we're setting targets for the year ... should we have a new thread just for these so we can easily find them and tick them off as we do them? I like things neat, so maybe each of us post one post only to the thread with our plans. Obviously we can update our post as the year goes by and we meet a target. just in case you all think I'm a dweeb (as if you would :whistle: ) here's mine as a starter for 10

Distance : 7500 km (4700 miles) (mostly Zwift)
Zwift Racing : Get to Cat B level
Zwift power : hold ave 250 watts over 60 mins
Weight : 75 kg by ToC, 70 kg by end of year
100 miles on SS : Should do this at ToC
Ave speed of 16 mph at ToC (so need to average 80 rpm)
Do a 100 mile ride on Zwift
Complete 25 Alpe du Zwift climbs (I'm at 12 at the moment)
Enjoy my riding :biggrin:

Top Bottom