Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Question on Tour of Cam .... anyone know what the mtrs climbed is over the 100 miles? Be useful to know so when I do get outside in the big wide world on the SS I can plan routes with similar ascents.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Its quite crushing to enthusiasm when doing 180bpm and going backwards, certainly did feel like that sometimes :wacko: :hello:

Well, i certainly felt like tha in the Pyrenees and Alps this year. if it’s any consolation 2-3w/k for 20 minutes is an effort for me at the moment. Knee good but surrounding muscle and tendons etc just say bugger off! Quads still not “firing” as physio puts it- simply not engaging at high point of pedal motion as begin to push down. That said it’s making me work on pedalling technique which is a good thing .

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, i certainly felt like tha in the Pyrenees and Alps this year. if it’s any consolation 2-3w/k for 20 minutes is an effort for me at the moment. Knee good but surrounding muscle and tendons etc just say bugger off! Quads still not “firing” as physio puts it- simply not engaging at high point of pedal motion as begin to push down. That said it’s making me work on pedalling technique which is a good thing .
What exercises are you doing to get movement and strength other than cycling

bobinski

Legendary Member
What exercises are you doing to get movement and strength other than cycling

Sat down leg outstretched and using quads to force back of knee to floor
Low squats- arse not allowed to go below knee
Standing quad activation concentrating on contracting muscle at top of knee

They are working in addition to glute exercises

CXRAndy

Guru
:okay:. It took about 8 weeks after getting out of my air boot before i began to build strength and muscle, just be patient and continue with all the exercises, very slowing building them up

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
2830ft some 900m
Set my bike gearing to 73 inches (50/18) today and 100% reality in Zwift. Rode 56km and 300 mtrs ascent. My SS is 69 inches (42/16). This was on the Zwift flat course. Seems like a reasonable course to do 100 miles on Zwift, set at my SS gearing, for training for the ToC. Obviously can't train for headwinds, corners, other riders slowing me down (:laugh:) etc. Legs felt fine today and could have cracked on for 100km, but chest was not so giving. :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
I know its a target to hit 100 but save that for TOC

Get really comfortable doing 80-90miles, the event will carry you the rest of the way:okay:

Try out in a weekend, when you are feeling better the WBR 100km and 160km @3.00 Watts to get a feeling of maintaining a high sustained effort. I believe there are some 2.5W/kg over similar distance to break you in gently. Stock up on 3/4 bottles and easy eat snacks, Zwift away

Happy new year:okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Some nice targets down below. I have some myself.

Hit my 100 mile per week through the year. Total 5200 miles.
Double, at least, my outside miles. As I only did 20 this year It should not be a problem :whistle:.
Get the brothers to get up to speed with their ToC prep. Can't do much other than encouragement.
Not doing weight or power just riding.

Maybe this is a good time and place to set out some targets for next year. I might re edit this post as the day goes on as I think of more and more unrealistic proposals! Feel free to join me :smile:
Snip
•I might copy some other people’s targets here ^_^

goals for this year - ( may change )
get out more !
Snip

Norry1

Legendary Member
OK, as we're setting targets for the year ... should we have a new thread just for these so we can easily find them and tick them off as we do them? I like things neat, so maybe each of us post one post only to the thread with our plans. Obviously we can update our post as the year goes by and we meet a target. just in case you all think I'm a dweeb (as if you would :whistle: ) here's mine as a starter for 10

:biggrin:

Good idea. You volunteering? :smile:

Top Bottom