Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm sticking to plan till April on trying to increase ftp. So all workouts are geared to that. 100 milers and other sportives, I'll just wing it:hello:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Added a 2019 plan thread. Feel free to add your goals for the year. I've asked initially for no comments, just on post each with your plan - this way the plans will always be on page 1 and 2 with no clutter. Once everyone who wants to has added plans then we can start to comment on there, but let's try and keep it clean initially.

Cheers. C

kipster

Guru
I've been invited by my club to join a ride from St Malo to Santander (615 miles) starting at the end of May, if I accept it means I'll miss the ToC this year. The trip involves 5 days of 100 miles and the two shorted days (mileage), but a lot more climbing at it heads into Northern Spain. Waiting on more details (costs), but sounds like a cracking week on the bike.

CXRAndy

Guru
I've been invited by my club to join a ride from St Malo to Santander (615 miles) starting at the end of May, if I accept it means I'll miss the ToC this year. The trip involves 5 days of 100 miles and the two shorted days (mileage), but a lot more climbing at it heads into Northern Spain. Waiting on more details (costs), but sounds like a cracking week on the bike.

Do it, do it. Sounds great, right up your street:okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Go for it. That'll be a great ride.

Ferry both ends? I've done both trips and they are good. Enjoy the rides :bicycle:.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I’m certainly up for DD! Biggy for me this year! You coming Whorty? You have unfinished business there don’t you?
i do indeed have unfinished business, but 100% can't come this year to ride. Wife is really ill now and needs a carer all day, so I can't leave her alone. If she's not too ill during that time then we might drive over for the day and play support car ... but can't confirm this until closer to the date.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
i do indeed have unfinished business, but 100% can't come this year to ride. Wife is really ill now and needs a carer all day, so I can't leave her alone. If she's not to ill during that time then we might drive over for the day and play support car ... but can't confirm this until closer to the date.
Sorry to hear that Carl - if I make it there, and you do too it will be good to see you. Not that we had much time to chat last time in the rush to get ready pre-ride did we?!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’m certainly up for DD! Biggy for me this year! You coming Whorty? You have unfinished business there don’t you?
I will try to make it if I possibly can - just need to see nearer the time if my son has a football match or not, and if he does, whether I can get out of taking him! It's about when the football season ends so I'm pretty hopeful.

It's an epic day out on the bike and a good early summer target to get fit for. Well worth the cost of entry for the food stops and mechanical support (which I needed last year) - I hope a few of us can make it again. Always good to catch up with you @Add - I'll try not to keep you waiting around for hours for me to arrive back this time :shy:

Top Bottom