Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't set any targets for the coming year, will be getting some building works done, and I really need to get my MG BGT back on the road. If I can get over 5000 miles then I will be happy. The odd 100 mile ride would be nice as would an alpine climb or two.
A memory that has stayed with me for 42 years. In 1976 on the coast of Oregon I saw my first BGT in real life. It has to be one of the best looking cars ever made.

Norry1

Legendary Member
2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year)
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year)
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year)
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003)
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs)
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power

That should do :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I haven't set any targets for the coming year, will be getting some building works done, and I really need to get my MG BGT back on the road. If I can get over 5000 miles then I will be happy. The odd 100 mile ride would be nice as would an alpine climb or two.

I had a lovely white MGB GT when I was in my twenties. Unfortunately I wrote it off driving like a dick in Bristol and wrapped it around a big concrete lamppost after being hit by a car on a roundabout and doing a 360 :banghead:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
A memory that has stayed with me for 42 years. In 1976 on the coast of Oregon I saw my first BGT in real life. It has to be one of the best looking cars ever made.
Errrrmmmmm.

Jaguar E-Type surely??
Austin Healey Frog Eyed Sprite?
The plain old MG convertible?
Of course the TR3
Going up a league, the Lagonda, although personally I have a soft spot for the DB5

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
2019 Goals

1. 6,000 miles cycling - at least 1,500 outside (5,861 and 1,311 this year)
2. 260 miles running (virtually none this year)
3. 19,000 TSS (18,691 this year)
4. Get below 12st 4lbs (my lowest weight since I started checking in 2003)
5. Beat my best 100 mile time (4hrs 40mins 15secs)
6. Beat my best ever 1min, 5min, 8min, 20min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr power

That should do :smile:
I could have a go at 5 of the 6. Mainly because 4 of the 6 I've never attempted.

But number 4 would require surgery and I don't think I have the money for that. And riding one legged or one armed ain't that easy :bicycle:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I did like the TR3. I had an 1965 Austin Healey Sprite - non bug eye- that I paid $100 for.

@berty bassett nice way to start the year with 101 miles at 17 mph..
thanks sir -it was a good ride ! little bit of drizzle first thing - a bit like when we went skeggy
i was religiously following the pink line but as it got near leicester i knew things were wrong and even though i was on the line the garmin was telling me off saying i was going the wrong way , and just as i got to the busy area , garmin told me off again just before turning itself off ! leaving me to keep the sun on my right and keep my head down . got thru the worse and turned garmin on and it seemed to calm down when i was back in countryside - its never done that before ! maybe i have got to treat myself soon ^_^ legs are wobberly now - oh and @Whorty - i dropped chain and it got caught taking chunk of paint off - i should have listened to my advice !:rolleyes::sad:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
brothers done well for himself though !

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom