Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
They also chew bones of fead animals to get calcium. And walk upwind to browse on acacia trees - reason is the trees release a chemical to warn other trees that they are being 'attacked' which triggers the trees to then release a chemical that is unpalatable . By browsing upwind only trees they have already browsed on will get the warning .... Very clever :okay: I used that fact in my safari guide training practical exam^_^ (little known fact, I am a south African qualified big 5 safari guide :thanks:

You’re a safari guide eh? And here’s bruusgard calling you a cheetah....

I’ll get my coat... :rose:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You’re a safari guide eh? And here’s bruusgard calling you a cheetah....
I’ll get my coat... :rose:

:laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I mean if we go on the assumption that George Clooney and the boys from oceans eleven are stealing bikes in their spare time then that might be true! In reality the vast majority of theft is carried out by drug addicts not master criminals (Bob will have a better handle on the specific stats o that). And they’re opportunists..., ie what they have to hand. Eg a scaffold pole, a brick etc etc. They don’t have the ambition or means to have power tools. There is a difference between a good lock and a bad one. As in, they will try and break the bad one first! In the cities we go in the premise that we accept that no lock is in breakable but the tougher the lock the stronger the deterrent. The longer you leave your bike locked up in one place, the more opportunity there is for it to be stolen by more ambitious thief’s basically.

Randy you will defo need a lock of some sort. For going into shops etc etc. I think you were just bloody unlucky to be honest.

On a side note it’s amazing how many times you have to re edit posts when your half pissed!

Yeah, Tommy is right, mostly your druggies. For quick shop or cafe stops i have an old and small ulock that barely leaves any space when locked around rear wheel and frame. It just makes it impossible to ride off or wheel the bike . Doesn't mean they wont carry it though:laugh:
Then there's your pros who seem to work a lot around Waterloo. My mate Rak, who is 6ft 8, has had 2 bikes stolen from outside the office, which is a really busy road, while locked up with heavy duty ulocks to bike stands. Perhaps they were super tall bike thieves?On one occasion they superglued my 2 expensive ulocks in expectation they could come back later and crack them open. Feckers. We now keep our bikes in the office.

kipster

Guru
Yeah, Tommy is right, mostly your druggies. For quick shop or cafe stops i have an old and small ulock that barely leaves any space when locked around rear wheel and frame. It just makes it impossible to ride off or wheel the bike . Doesn't mean they wont carry it though:laugh:
Then there's your pros who seem to work a lot around Waterloo. My mate Rak, who is 6ft 8, has had 2 bikes stolen from outside the office, which is a really busy road, while locked up with heavy duty ulocks to bike stands. Perhaps they were super tall bike thieves?On one occasion they superglued my 2 expensive ulocks in expectation they could come back later and crack them open. Feckers. We now keep our bikes in the office.
Meanwhile in Basingstoke the latest crime wave seems to be stealing steering wheels out of cars, 9 the other night from a dealership. Little in the way of cycle crime, that tends to be from people's garages and sheds after working out where they live from Strava or following them home.

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive always thought the best way to put off a opportunistic thief is to remove certain parts of the bike to make it unrideable. A quick release seat and stem assy also no front wheel. Padlock the remaining bike with a half decent lock

Runs off to fabricate new QR parts :biggrin:

My patent, so bugger off copying :tongue:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
The brothers have expressed a desire to get a more comfortable pair of shorts for the ToC ride next year. £60-90 I think would be a good guide price. Any suggestions for the best in that price bracket. Both are in the 85-95kg range.

Help muchly appreiciated

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Lusso Carbon bibs use the Code LUSSO15 for 15% off ... Pro spec shorts made in the UK
Nice shorts by the looks of it ^_^

Forgot to add I currently have 20% off @ Wiggle :ohmy:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Nice shorts by the looks of it ^_^

Forgot to add I currently have 20% off @ Wiggle :ohmy:
I find them really comfortable, even with a 6 hour session on the turbo!! The DRS Bibs are even better, but they are a compression fit. The Hacienda Bibs use the same pad as the DRS Bibs but are a bit cheaper.

I should add that I am a brand ambassador for Lusso :biggrin: I've managed to get hold of a lot of the kit for testing don't think anything has let me down or disappointed me.

kipster

Guru
What is their returns policy, having bought a pair of Rapha bib shorts to find them too small, despite triple checking size? Wasted!
I've never had to return, their free repair service is great though, I've used it twice (after crashes which ripped the fabric).

Edit, returns policy https://www.swissiconic.com/returns

Essentially 45 days for a refund, or 365 days for an exchange

Also assos sizes are generous, I size XL based on height, but find some bibs a bit baggy around the leg when standing, although they are fine on the bike. Some shorts are tighter than others, ie equipe are slightly more compressive than the Neopro shorts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom