Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Haha!

I'm fully on board with the spend spend spend model! I think the angle I need to work is the completely different discipline model too. Not sure she'll buy it but....

I thought about just getting another black bike and rely her not really giving enough of s cr@p about cycling to notice. Trouble is a fancy something a little more jazzy.

Ps if my missus ever perfects her aim Imsa dead man!

I am sending her to javelin throwing classes:okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Oooo my time to shine !
I used to be a marriage guidance councillor
The answer is always spend spend spend as it's only the money you saved by giving up your other bad habits !AND it's an investment AND it's for a different discipline AND if it's black and you haven't said anything she may not notice
A word of caution this. Method is not without pitfalls and it may be prudent to hide sharp pointy things as well as blunt heavy things
You should be safe if she is a "thrower" (like my ex ) just leave some of your daughters soft toys dotted about

Disclaimer
Any repercussions due to buying new bike that lead to a negative vibe in the TT household are wholly due to the purchaser not turning on the Terry Thomas charm- could you buy it with a small frame just in case please

Lee, another top post:okay:

I have absolutely no idea why you gave up your vocation^_^
Although the reference to Terry Thomas charm might suggest your methods may have fallen into disrepute;)
:biggrin:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I am sending her to javelin throwing classes:okay:

Yeah sounds about right ^_^

She's only ever thrown one thing at me. A mobile phone. It's was one of those big heavy old Nokia things that was half phone half laptop! She was crazy... I must of made her pretty mad. She couldn't of been any more than 3 meters away but missed by at least the same thank god, because she definitely wasn't aiming to miss! It left a big dent in the wall where it hit and exploded. I can't even remember what we were fighting over now but I remember thinking how much it would of hurt if she had any sort of aim on her.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah sounds about right ^_^

She's only ever thrown one thing at me. A mobile phone. It's was one of those big heavy old Nokia things that was half phone half laptop! She was crazy... I must of made her pretty mad. She couldn't of been any more than 3 meters away but missed by at least the same thank god, because she definitely wasn't aiming to miss! It left a big dent in the wall where it hit and exploded. I can't even remember what we were fighting over now but I remember thinking how much it would of hurt if she had any sort of aim on her.

I suspect you were moving very fast ^_^ Your banter on here suggests you may have given her more than one occasion to throw something at you in the past. I know the feeling...:tongue:

In other news i have been eyeing up Etap...

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I suspect you were moving very fast ^_^ Your banter on here suggests you may have given her more than one occasion to throw something at you in the past. I know the feeling...:tongue:

In other news i have been eyeing up Etap...

How dare yo.... yeah fair enough. Takes one to know one I guess :smile:.

Etap for the giant or a new project?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Giant-cracking frame but needs an upgrade from 105 hydro and wireless makes more sense than Di2, bar cost

Unfortunate turn of phrase!

If it was me I'd get a wheel upgrade 1st. Then a power meter. Unless you're planning to have all 3 for next summer. Etaps nice and probably gets you more excited. But I reckon you'll apreciate the other two things more when you have all three.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Giant-cracking frame but needs an upgrade from 105 hydro and wireless makes more sense than Di2, bar cost
That makes 2 of us, etap plus power meter I would be looking at 2 grand just to upgrade from sram red 10 speed to 11 speed :wacko: can't really see how I can justify the etap unless I build up another bike but I think I can't justify another bike^_^.
What a confusing world we live in.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

That makes 2 of us, etap plus power meter I would be looking at 2 grand just to upgrade from sram red 10 speed to 11 speed :wacko: can't really see how I can justify the etap unless I build up another bike but I think I can't justify another bike^_^.
What a confusing world we live in.

I know what you mean. I started off saying I want a new set of light wheels for climbing. Then I decided I should be ok with my medium depth rims rather than splashing out on a new set. So then I thought hmmm with the money I just 'saved', I could buy a new frame and build it up. So I found myself looking at frames I don't really need... I wonder if us all spending so much time on here, talking jibba jabba about bike stuff, is a little unhealthy for the wallet!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just replacing stock wheels with the Hunt 4 seasons is a significant upgrade and another 150g saving on wheel weight over them probably isnt going to matter in the Pyrenees. Different on the flat of course with a deeper section so... wheel upgrade monies to Etap. Dean, perhaps we can but together next spring and get a deal.

CXRAndy

Guru
You should look at eBay for cheap deep section carbon rims, very cheap, decent quality, just not branded. But if bling is your thing then cheap China will be off the shopping list.

Breedon

Legendary Member
been thinking about what to do, i would like a power meter for france so i could get that in march then much later in the year get etap as I'll be a lot better off money wise.

@TurboTommy when you use your bike do you actually find the power meter useful as in it helps to push a little harder than ýou normally would or do you find it an expensive gadget that you dont use that much.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
must admit to getting some hunt wheels - not ultra deep (38mm) but boy do they feel nice - tucked away for winter now ( unless its very nice and dry next weekend )^_^
dean - i have a power meter back wheel - but in all honesty - there is a hell of a lot to learn before you can use it properly - be easy if it was pan flat or a constant gradient but it gets so confusing when going up and down or the wind is a factor ,in the end i was just checking average power at the end of the ride
i guess if i had put more time into learning how to use it properly then i would definitely have got more out of it - it was good on windy days when you think you should be going faster in a headwind but check watts and realise your kicking out more than usual

Last edited:
Top Bottom