Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've done a fair few trips around Europe by motorcycle, really enjoyed them. Never did scandinavian countries. Actually losing interest in motorbikes, prefer slower two wheeled trips
You missed out to be honest. A great region with fantastic scenery and almost no traffic.

I met a couple of riders last time there doing route 17. From Bodo to Hell (Trondheim). A great route about 1700km and 8 or 9 boat trips long iirc. They may have started in Tromso. Not a good couple of weeks that time, rained almost every day. But still worth the ride powered or not.

Edit to clarify
The riders I met were on bicycles not PTW. It took me just over 3 days to complete the route on motorbike.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
First sign of good weather and everyone’s hovering over the ‘buy now’ button! ^_^
Yes I'm drooling over a cervelo frame or a wilier maybe next year it's your fault Tommy

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes I'm drooling over a cervelo frame or a wilier maybe next year it's your fault Tommy

Haha! I’d like to take all the credit but I don’t think any of us need much encouragement. How many of us have bought a bike within the last year? I can think of at least 6 I think. I really like the look of cervelo and willier too for what’s it worth. Both have unique and innovative frames. If I was going to get a cervelo I’d 100% go second hand. I’ve seen loads of good deals on them. Just saying... :angel:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Kipster, that is very nice and worth being told off for!
I know discs are not really your thing but this in bianchi blue and SRAM Etap would be yummy

8F521D66-9D4E-496A-B764-CB122193C20D.jpeg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Haha! I’d like to take all the credit but I don’t think any of us need much encouragement. How many of us have bought a bike within the last year? I can think of at least 6 I think. I really like the look of cervelo and willier too for what’s it worth. Both have unique and innovative frames. If I was going to get a cervelo I’d 100% go second hand. I’ve seen loads of good deals on them. Just saying... :angel:

Yeah but I only bought a bike coz mine got written off so :angel:

rob01792

Über Member
Kipster, that is very nice and worth being told off for!
I know discs are not really your thing but this in bianchi blue and SRAM Etap would be yummy

View attachment 399224

and when is this available in the uk as ive got a nice set of Reynolds areo 46 disc wheelset I purchased end of last summer in the sale that would look rather nice on that particular frame
as I did consider the oltre 4 but I'm a big fan of disc brakes

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I could get to like discs ;)

Sounds like the resistance has lost another soldier! :thumbsdown: :tongue:

Although I’m more surprised seeing etap on a bianchi didn’t offend you. Gives me hope for my Colnago build with the traditionalists :smile:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Once the pro peleton goes disc it'll be almost impossible to get a high end bike with rim brakes.

I don’t think so TB. There’s still a massive market for calliper brakes and while there is they’ll still produce them. Discs aren’t new technology anymore. Giant in particular are pushing discs hard but they still don’t make up half of all sales. I’m not saying discs aren’t more popular than ever. Ecspecially with the guys that have taken up cycling in the last few years. But I think caliper brakes will be around for a few years yet. For example the new s works tarmac has been around since last summer but they still haven’t released the disc version. The Colnago c64 is also only available in caliper version at the moment. Both top end frames.

The pro tour teams are resisting discs becasuse they see them as generally unnecessary in most scenarios. I think they’ll toe the line eventually because money talks. But it’s quite telling they’ve resisted this long in an industry that is funded by bike manufacturers.

(I think you can guess which camp I’m in ^_^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom