Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Carbon is known to melt above 1000m :tongue:

Ti all the way up^_^

There is chap here with a 7kg titanium frame with wireless SRAM. Very nice indeed:smile:
Are you so far on front of the others you have time to check your phone - if so you ain’t allowed with us :okay: hope your having a good time mate

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just been reading another thread on here about Bike insurance while abroad - saying most of them are void if riding above 1000m - has anyone looked into this while we are away ?

I’m with ‘pedalcover’. As far as I know it’s world wide cover with the only condition being I’m not covered for racing. Can you put up a link to the thread mate?

I’m with ‘pedalcover’. As far as I know it’s world wide cover with the only condition being I’m not covered for racing. Can you put up a link to the thread mate?
Brief interruption off topic. The book by your great aunt is really good.Is the your grandmother ? Screenshot_2018-03-14-06-47-09.png

CXRAndy

Guru
My Tenerife tour with Tenerife Bike Training has come to an end. A great week with some testing rides. The weather has been very kind apart from one torrential descent down the North side, some 24km in freezing rain, a 1 mile kicker at the end. I changed clothes and shivered for nearly 30 mins until Paella warmed me thru.

A little better climate an hour before
20180316_111656.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
My Tenerife tour with Tenerife Bike Training has come to an end. A great week with some testing rides. The weather has been very kind apart from one torrential descent down the North side, some 24km in freezing rain, a 1 mile kicker at the end. I changed clothes and shivered for nearly 30 mins until Paella warmed me thru.

A little better climate an hour before View attachment 400344

Looks like a great trip Andy. It’s turned a bit nippy here so get on Zwift sharpish when you get back and have a crack at Watopia up to the tower. You may find you have got a real fitness boost from the trip:okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks like a great trip Andy. It’s turned a bit nippy here so get on Zwift sharpish when you get back and have a crack at Watopia up to the tower. You may find you have got a real fitness boost from the trip:okay:

I've been told Marmotte is tougher than Ventoux, so will need to do long hilly training sessions, multi hour Pretzel climbs are going to be part of my training for the next 3 months + HIT:wacko:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I've been told Marmotte is tougher than Ventoux, so will need to do long hilly training sessions, multi hour Pretzel climbs are going to be part of my training for the next 3 months + HIT:wacko:

Well, if you join us in the Pyrenees you have the perfect training! Look at the Col collectives preview from a few weeks back.

Top Bottom