Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by TurboTommy, 24 Sep 2017.

1. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

65 miles apart, meet on top of a mountain :smile:

TurboTommy and Breedon like this.
  2. maxap

maxap Well-Known Member

We are about 80km away but leaving when you get there.

3. bobinski

bobinski Guru

You could extend your trip and join us^_^

4. maxap

maxap Well-Known Member

Be great if I could persuade my friend to stay a bit longer. We riding back home as well though, so not sure we've got the time. I'd also be on my heavy-ish long distance bike, so I probably would not be able to keep up with you guys anyway.

TurboTommy and Breedon like this.
  5. berty bassett

berty bassett Guru

Ooo riding home
    Now there’s a thought :hyper:

Whorty, CXRAndy and TurboTommy like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

:laugh:

didnt anyone ever tell you, some thoughts are better kept to yourself!

I’ve just bought a set of hoops with the summer in mind. It’s amazing what you can justify when you try hard enough :smile:

7. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I really enjoyed my only proper tour from London to Paris. waking each morning with a new destination ahead of me. When there isn't a prescribed timetable during the day, weather good, there is no better feeling :biggrin:

8. bobinski

bobinski Guru

You are very welcome to join us. Don’t worry about the bike. I used my heavier less comfortable commuter in Provence/Ventoux last year.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2018
    TurboTommy likes this.
  9. bobinski

bobinski Guru

What did you get?

10. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

To be fair that was with your kids. How long before one of this lot starts putting the hammer down. Bob would be checking strava segments at breakfast. Lee would already be 3 miles up the road at that point. And me and Dean would be stuck asking for directions. With nothing but google translate and a complete lack of any sense of direction! :laugh:

11. bobinski

bobinski Guru

8FBF7AA5-0017-4C12-B013-13680356592B.jpeg

Ummmhhh...

Not quite as tasty as the new bianchi voltre disc but much less spendy

Whorty and Breedon like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

First sign of good weather and everyone’s hovering over the ‘buy now’ button! ^_^

Breedon, Randyberlin, Aleman and 2 others like this.
  13. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

My thoughts exactly. Just add the fact of eating all you want all day long. I've stopped at 2 different bakeries for a latte and pastries within this 5 miles of each other.

14. theboxers

theboxers TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Stop it. You'll get me wanting to go back to Scandanavia on the Motorbike (but this time with a bicycle on a rack as well).

I've done it twice. Once with pre-arranged stops nearly every night and once with only a couple of pre-arranged stops. The free range stop anywhere approach is much better if you can camp as well.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2018
  15. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I've done a fair few trips around Europe by motorcycle, really enjoyed them. Never did scandinavian countries. Actually losing interest in motorbikes, prefer slower two wheeled trips

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice