Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxap

We are about 80km away but leaving when you get there.

maxap

You could extend your trip and join us^_^

Be great if I could persuade my friend to stay a bit longer. We riding back home as well though, so not sure we've got the time. I'd also be on my heavy-ish long distance bike, so I probably would not be able to keep up with you guys anyway.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Be great if I could persuade my friend to stay a bit longer. We riding back home as well though, so not sure we've got the time. I'd also be on my heavy-ish long distance bike, so I probably would not be able to keep up with you guys anyway.

You are very welcome to join us. Don’t worry about the bike. I used my heavier less comfortable commuter in Provence/Ventoux last year.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
:laugh:

didnt anyone ever tell you, some thoughts are better kept to yourself!

I’ve just bought a set of hoops with the summer in mind. It’s amazing what you can justify when you try hard enough :smile:

What did you get?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I really enjoyed my only proper tour from London to Paris. waking each morning with a new destination ahead of me. When there isn't a prescribed timetable during the day, weather good, there is no better feeling :biggrin:

To be fair that was with your kids. How long before one of this lot starts putting the hammer down. Bob would be checking strava segments at breakfast. Lee would already be 3 miles up the road at that point. And me and Dean would be stuck asking for directions. With nothing but google translate and a complete lack of any sense of direction! :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
8FBF7AA5-0017-4C12-B013-13680356592B.jpeg

Ummmhhh...

Not quite as tasty as the new bianchi voltre disc but much less spendy

I really enjoyed my only proper tour from London to Paris. waking each morning with a new destination ahead of me. When there isn't a prescribed timetable during the day, weather good, there is no better feeling :biggrin:
My thoughts exactly. Just add the fact of eating all you want all day long. I've stopped at 2 different bakeries for a latte and pastries within this 5 miles of each other.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My thoughts exactly. Just add the fact of eating all you want all day long. I've stopped at 2 different bakeries for a latte and pastries within this 5 miles of each other.
Stop it. You'll get me wanting to go back to Scandanavia on the Motorbike (but this time with a bicycle on a rack as well).

I've done it twice. Once with pre-arranged stops nearly every night and once with only a couple of pre-arranged stops. The free range stop anywhere approach is much better if you can camp as well.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I've done a fair few trips around Europe by motorcycle, really enjoyed them. Never did scandinavian countries. Actually losing interest in motorbikes, prefer slower two wheeled trips

Top Bottom