TV favourites from your childhood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
The first television program I remember was 'Tug boat Annie'
I liked :- Five o'clock club. With Muriel Young , Pussy cat Willum and Bert Weedon.
Crackerjack. With Eamon Andrews.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Anyone remember Tales of the Golden Monkey?

Sam

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
For X-Rated Thunderbirds-type action you need to watch 'Team America - World Police'.
The sex scene had me in stitches. I've never seen anything so terribly, terribly wrong.

Done by the same models of taste and decorum as South Park.

just jim

I liked all the Oliver Postgate productions, especially The Clangers. Of course I couldn't name drop him at the time, I just liked the flavour and tempo of them.

col

Legendary Member
Most of whats been mentioned already. what about HR Puffnstuff, the Diddy men on a sunday teatime, and barnaby the bear normally the first thing on at nine saturday mornings after the wildlife series that started with a screeching from somesort of bird?

KEEF

Veteran
Noggin the Nog

I'm surprised that Susan Stranks didn't get a sly mention from Dayvo earlier!
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep3rAfPvkrY[/media]

And there was Casey Jones, Sgt Bilko, Harry Worth, Steptoe & Son...I loved Thunderbirds, Whirlybirds, Get Smart, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (I spent so many hours making bits for my Lugers and shiny Colts, carving bits out of the bottom of my shoes :rolleyes:). Tom Tom was a lovely 'official' children's programme, of course Cap'n Pugwash, Tony Hart - the early years - was inspirational for me, with 'Vision On' signing for the deaf. Clever. Criss Cross Quiz and Juke Box Jury were my pop programmes, now and again sneaking a peek at Pans People prancing :tongue: during Top of the Pops, with Pete Murray, Tony Blackburn, Jimmy Saville, Dave Lee Travis etc...when music was music and pop was pop. :rolleyes:

I'll stop now - too many interesting thoughts!

Night Train

Maker of Things

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Most of Gerry and Silvia Andersons. Though I don't really remember "Twizzle" or "Torchy the Battery Boy". "Four Feather Falls" is the first though really got hooked with "Supercar" and Fireball XL5". Watched a couple of episodes on youtube to bring back memories and saw how they progressed with "Stingray" then "Thunderbirds" and "Captain Scarlet". The CGI "Captain Scarlet" is awful compared to the puppets.
I was an avid reader of TV Century 21 (TV21) and got to know about "Star Trek" before it came to British TV.
Too young for the original "Eagle" comic but I remember a version coming out in the early 60's.

The strange thing about those puppet programmes, looking back now, is how kids didn't care that you could see the strings. They were just "edited out" by a young brain keen to see the story unfold. Ah, innocence.

Oh no! Illya Kuryakin and Napoleon Solo. I used to watch it round at a friend's house, and sometimes his sister would sit next to me. She was four years older than me. Dreadful, impossible yearnings.:whistle:

THRUSH was always unwelcome when The Man From Uncle was 'visiting' your living room! And 'Our Man Flint' with Lee Coburn comes to mind...here I go again...

Ha ha! Just re-read this. "Lee" Coburn :headshake: James, of course! :smile: 'Lee' J Cobb was in the filum too :rolleyes:

Top Bottom