Twaddle you've told your kids, or were told when you were young.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
On the occasions my eldest daughter was engaged in after school clubs, I used to have to collect her as the school buses had long gone. This gave her the opportunity to sit in the front passenger seat, which gave her a different view of the controls. For a while she was persuaded the cigarette lighter was a special control which enabled me to travel the 40 miles from my work place, to her school more quickly than might otherwise have been the case.

PaulB

Legendary Member
When I was in Cubs I think, maybe 7 years old or younger, I was doing some sort of simple first aid....cub master asked us to find the answer to 'what do you do if you cut your finger ?'
I asked dad, who immediately answered...'you cut the next finger, then the first finger stops bleeding'

Next week, the question was asked....I flung my hand up :hyper:
....and gave the answer.
Teachers face, I can almost see it now....:scratch:
'So how do you stop the second finger bleeding' he asked.
I almost instantly saw the flaw in my answer :unsure:
Very similar thing happened to me. "Dad, what are these bits in marmalade?" "They're worms, son." A few days later the same question asked in class by our teacher. Confidently, I put my hand up and informed her of the answer I knew it to be and was shocked at the laughter this was greeted with.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very similar thing happened to me. "Dad, what are these bits in marmalade?" "They're worms, son." A few days later the same question asked in class by our teacher. Confidently, I put my hand up and informed her of the answer I knew it to be and was shocked at the laughter this was greeted with.
So, while we're on preserves, those blackish flecks in strawberry jam, I always understood them to be sawdust. Twaddle or true?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
That the world used to be in black and white in olden times.

That the world used to be in black and white in olden times.
As a youngster, watching the Wizard of Oz one Christmas, I wondered out loud why the film was partly filmed in black and white, and partly in colour.

Quick as a flash, my Auntie, who never told "fibs" said, "It was because they were running out of money, and couldn't afford to film it all in colour", which we duly believed. :wacko:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
As a youngster, watching the Wizard of Oz one Christmas, I wondered out loud why the film was partly filmed in black and white, and partly in colour.

Quick as a flash, my Auntie, who never told "fibs" said, "It was because they were running out of money, and couldn't afford to film it all in colour", which we duly believed. :wacko:

I only recently saw Wizard of Oz for the first time; a film Mrs PP loves. When it started I commented "I thought this was famous for being one of the first technicolour films" Her reply was slightly paused, and a twigged before the great reveal.

As an aside, a friend of ours has a t shirt with the slogan "don't make me unleash my flying monkeys"

It's wonderful film !

Top Bottom