Twaddle you've told your kids, or were told when you were young.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
My Dad used to tell us that when the Ice Cream van played its music chime, It meant that it had run out of ice cream!

snorri

Legendary Member
Looking down whilst driving along a coast road to a beautiful sandy beach my passenger informed me that these were sinking sands and quite dangerous. He had never been on the beach himself, but his parents had told him this. I thought it unlikely that his parents had ever been on the beach either but had just invented the story so that they would not have had to break what would have been a lengthy journey just to let their children play on the sands.
It took a little time, but eventually he admitted it was very likely that I was right.:smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
My Dad used to tell us that when the Ice Cream van played its music chime, It meant that it had run out of ice cream!

CharlesF

Guru
The hay bales in fields and wrapped up in plastic were cow eggs, my daughter believed it for a bit.
No! Dinosaur eggs, definitely

Used to tell my 5/6 year old daughter that if she didn't eat up her vegetables then she'd end up looking like Grace Pickles, her classmate. This spectacularly backfired on me when she was invited to Pickles towers for after-school tea. :sad:
i hope you've put a name change in there or you are going to have to petition the mods for another mass prune :smile:

Top Bottom