Twaddle you've told your kids, or were told when you were young.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
My Aunt thought if you stood by a window in a thunderstorm then the lightning could come in and kill you, we were much more civilised in my house, we used to stand in our bay window and watch storms :hyper:

My mother used to say that. I'd go and get a spoon and sit by the window waving it.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I once told a 6 year old boy (girlfriend's nephew) that the oil rigs in the Forth were actually watchtowers where men with binoculars watched for little boys dropping sweetie wrappers on the beach.

I found out later that he developed a fear of going to the beach because the bad men who were watching would take him away. :sad: Not so funny after all.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've also been warned by my wife and daughter-in-law as to what I say to the grandchildren. Telling them doing dishes, cleaning and ironing is "woman's work" doesn't go down well apparently. 5 year old grandson was sent home with a note from school about that one. When told to clean up after art class, he folded his arms and said "Women's work!".

Dave7

Legendary Member
As a little boy my Mum told me that, with practice, you could learn to carry yourself ie put your arms under your bum, pick yourself up and carry yourself.
I spent years trying to perfect it but strangely never managed to do it. I vividly recall running as fast as possible and trying it with no success.

I used to think my mother was magic because she always knew when a car was about to go around a corner. I later found out about indicators.
She wouldn’t be able to do that trick nowadays

As a little boy my Mum told me that, with practice, you could learn to carry yourself ie put your arms under your bum, pick yourself up and carry yourself.
I spent years trying to perfect it but strangely never managed to do it. I vividly recall running as fast as possible and trying it with no success.
such a mischievous/evil mum must surely have photos of you attempting this?
Otherwise what is photography/the instamatic for?
Please share.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once told a 6 year old boy (girlfriend's nephew) that the oil rigs in the Forth were actually watchtowers where men with binoculars watched for little boys dropping sweetie wrappers on the beach.

I found out later that he developed a fear of going to the beach because the bad men who were watching would take him away. :sad: Not so funny after all.
Not so funny? If I laugh any harder I'll require hospital treatment!

Top Bottom