Twaddle you've told your kids, or were told when you were young.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'The bogeyman will come for you if you don't go to sleep'.

Yeah right.:rolleyes: we're (me and brother) not scared one dot!! There are rotting bodies over our back wall(cemetery)and their ghosts are in or bedroom,so f..k the bogeyman!!:rolleyes:

'Foxgloves' will poison you if you go within 6 feet of them'.

Now that did have an affect. To this day I've never touched one and still see them as 'dangerous'.:stop:
there's an interesting drug in foxgloves isn't there?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
there's an interesting drug in foxgloves isn't there?
Digitalis :rolleyes:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A guy I used to work with was told as a child that the rows of turnips in fields, which you sometimes see sheep eating, were in fact the heads of babies.

Whenever we were driving through the Ayrshire countryside and I saw this I would shout, "Look! Weans' heids! Weans' heids!" and he'd have to hold a hand up to shield himself from the view of the sheep crunching into the turnips, while trying not to throw up.

And yes, he told his kids the same thing.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A guy I used to work with was told as a child that the rows of turnips in fields, which you sometimes see sheep eating, were in fact the heads of babies.

Whenever we were driving through the Ayrshire countryside and I saw this I would shout, "Look! Weans' heids! Weans' heids!" and he'd have to hold a hand up to shield himself from the view of the sheep crunching into the turnips, while trying not to throw up.

And yes, he told his kids the same thing.
Top parenting!

byegad

Legendary Member
My top class juniors teacher told us matter can neither be created nor destroyed and atoms were indivisible.
Being a child of the 1950s and interested in all things scientific up went my hand to ask how an Atom bomb worked!
No answer! But from then on I questioned everything she ever told us. She was right that 7x8=56 though.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My top class juniors teacher told us matter can neither be created nor destroyed and atoms were indivisible.
Being a child of the 1950s and interested in all things scientific up went my hand to ask how an Atom bomb worked!
No answer! But from then on I questioned everything she ever told us. She was right that 7x8=56 though.

Those are kind of simplifications rather than fibs. I do recall that every year in chemistry they'd tell us "what we told you last year was a simplification/wrong, so forget all that. This is what it's really like"

Top Bottom