Tyres on the wrong way for over two years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A bicycle cannot aquaplane, thus the tread plays no part in water displacement.

Strictly, a slick tyre will give marginally more grip on a wet road than a treaded one because there's more tyre in contact with the road surface.

Strictly, strictly, a bicycle could aquaplane if it went fast enough.

I think Schwalbe estimate 200km/h, or something like that.

So not a worry, even for Froomey in a hurry.

Vegan1

A bicycle cannot aquaplane, thus the tread plays no part in water displacement.

Strictly, a slick tyre will give marginally more grip on a wet road than a treaded one because there's more tyre in contact with the road surface.

Strictly, strictly, a bicycle could aquaplane if it went fast enough.

I think Schwalbe estimate 200km/h, or something like that.

So not a worry, even for Froomey in a hurry.

Nice contradiction. Is this yours and everyone else's limit on here when it comes to discussing technical issues like the above? Not exactly elucidating.

''I cry BS''

Globalti

Legendary Member
Much more important than the baloney about treads and aquaplaning is the massive potential faux-pas of having the logo on the wrong side of the bike if the tyre only has one logo so the arrow is there to ensure that you don't commit this grave error of style. For example, cognoscenti who use the world's best tyre, the superb Veloflex Open Corsa, will know this and will have the word "Veloflex" visible on the right of the bike and lined up with the valve or 180 degrees opposite, as it should be.

Much more important than the baloney about treads and aquaplaning is the massive potential faux-pas of having the logo on the wrong side of the bike if the tyre only has one logo so the arrow is there to ensure that you don't commit this grave error of style. For example, cognoscenti who use the world's best tyre, the superb Veloflex Open Corsa, will know this and will have the word "Veloflex" visible on the right of the bike and lined up with the valve or 180 degrees opposite, as it should be.

It balances the tyre :tongue::okay::becool:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Where did aquaplaning come from? I'm talking about a tread pattern that displaces water?

As I said, the tread pattern plays no part in displacing water.

On a bicycle, a slick tyre displaces water in the same way as a treaded one.

Thus the tread is irrelevant to water displacement.

Vegan1

As I said, the tread pattern plays no part in displacing water.

On a bicycle, a slick tyre displaces water in the same way as a treaded one.

Thus the tread is irrelevant to water displacement.

No, I don't think a slick tyre would displace water in the same way that a treaded tyre would.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've had my tyres on the wrong way, the rear for over two years

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg

:laugh:

Top Bottom