UK employment falls to 32 million

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whats the big deal with having a job anyway? I dont get why having a god dam job is so important. If people are unable to obtain employment.....well thats what the dole is for.
I believe that if people are on the dole long term, they should be encouraged to go to college or something in return. Get some skills if people are required to be productive. Its ironic that you cant do any college or uni while claiming dole, even tho it would be the best time to do so thus exacerbating the issue. Thats our government for you.
I went to college to retrain in the 90's.
It would also help lower the jobless figures.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fake news. 32m unemployed would put us on a par with Kenya.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
My post about obvious ways people might alter such statistics without actually changing the underlying population's behaviour was deleted for being political. :sad: I am a former FE/HE maths/statistics teacher, not a politician!

I don't get it either. Risking stating the bleedin' obvious here, but this whole politics thing being whooshed off to another site does seem to me to have created confusion over where the boundaries lie about what can and what can't be said. Stuff- interesting stuff too, seems to be being deleted quite widely now and I fear CC will be much the worse off for it. Hopefully a rethink might be possible.

Top Bottom