UK to drive on the right-hand-side of the road petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
How will I bring my sword arm to bear when I see an oncoming car with a French number plate?

After cup holders, the latest car gadget is a rotating lance holder with the Ghia spec of cars coming with 5 lances of various lengths.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I'm all for it. When I come and drive in the UK I don't have to re map my brain. :smile:
Seriously it involves pedestrians as well because when crossing the road they'll be looking the wrong way.
Countries that still drive on the left includes Japan, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and India, plus about 20 more.

Personally, I find being a pedestrian in a country which drives on the right, requires much more adaption than being a driver in such circumstances, particularly, if driving a vehicle with the steering wheel on the appropriate side.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Motorway exit and slip roads would point in the wrong directions, unless there was a pair at each junction.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The Irish did it over several days. Trucks were first..........

:whistle:

Somebody in Ireland proposed driving on the right. Then they realized that in some places the border with Northern Ireland (in the UK, drives on the left) ran down the middle of the road!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Personally, I find being a pedestrian in a country which drives on the right, requires much more adaption than being a driver in such circumstances, particularly, if driving a vehicle with the steering wheel on the appropriate side.
Talking about adaptation my Toyota Vitz (a JDM version of a Yaris) came from Japan as RHD obviously so it had to be converted.
This was quite a simple task as the instruments were in the middle and only the pedals and steering wheel had to be moved.
So many need not not buy a new car.

16947971785607005692032508000414.jpg

Top Bottom