ultra light weight touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I love that blog. For a long time, I've adhered to his rule that if you have four things they need a container.

OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
He opened my eyes i got rid of everthing , I got rid of the look clipless and the shoes (1585g) and went corcs and platsic pedals ( 350g)and never looked back. when i have been out on weekend my whole kit weighs less than just the panniers that some people turn up with.

Salar

A fish out of water
All good until I read this nonsense "nobody uses film cameras any more" Please get your facts right when making sweeping statements.

There are hundreds in just the UK who use film cameras, myself included and there's a few film cameras lighter than digital cameras.

Last edited:
Ok, i ventured

No cooking gear at all and, more alarmingly, generally no food. Sounds unwise unless you get off on bonk trips.

And this?

++stopped using maps. I now navigate by a small distance/directions card which I make before the trip.

Sounds like a plan for zilch interesting diversions.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ok, i ventured

No cooking gear at all and, more alarmingly, generally no food. Sounds unwise unless you get off on bonk trips.

And this?

++stopped using maps. I now navigate by a small distance/directions card which I make before the trip.

Sounds like a plan for zilch interesting diversions.
Maz describes my touring/backpacking trips as a "Pub crawl with a tent"

I've gone the other way in recent years. I now go comfortable camping with slow pedals in between.

Similar here but I do try to keep the weight manageable, even with cooking gear and food for a couple of days I aim for 15-18Kg total weight on the bike or my back. Any more than that and I'd load up the trailer, set up a 'base camp' and do circular rides/walks from there.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
021769FD-108F-464B-B28E-C23FC825B11B.jpeg
I'd be lost without my 'Chair'

View attachment 422687

Absolutely. Chairs transformed touring for me. Pleasure and pain balance was tipped irreversibly.

Top Bottom