Uncle Drago's agony column

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
since time is constant and it is only we that change it matters not whether one feels change is about to happen or has already occurred ad infinitum .
Time is merely an illusion, imagination on overtime.

The end of the beginning is the start of the middle, while the beginning of the end is the end of the middle. The end of the beginning comes before the middle, and the beginning of the end comes after it.
Ok Zeno, that's enough wine for one night. And put the bow and arrow down before you have someone's eye out.

classic33 via Ford Prefect said:
Time is merely an illusion, lunchtime doubly so
"Very deep. You should send that in to the Reader's Digest. They've got a page for people like you."
-- Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
(sorry for picking on your posts in particular)

So, tell me your problems and prepare to have your lives turned around.
Pray, sage and all-knowing guru, I have two questions.
1. How does one stop being wide awake at 3am despite best efforts to sleep proving futile?
2. How does one stop posting overly-wordy verbal diarrhea on a certain web forum (at 3am, no less) and instead embrace the laconic style favoured by the citizens of an ancient city-state on the Peloponnese peninsula?

The fact that those who bang on the most normally have the least to say.
:sad:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Should you put the milk in the cup before the tea, or after?

I'm very much an after man, on the basis that the teabag never then seems to brew and let the goodness out if the milk goes in first.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
@Drago - I spent most of my day yesterday sorting out my new phone. Couldn't get my old SD card to be recognised, couldn't get my normal ringtone and notification tone to work, couldn't get my normal keyboard to download etc, etc. Ended up nearly tearing my hair out and wishing that I hadn't bothered.:crazy:
Anyway, I think you may be able to help with the one problem that remains unanswered after yesterday's frustrations.
Should I go to the pub today?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
@Drago - I spent most of my day yesterday sorting out my new phone. Couldn't get my old SD card to be recognised, couldn't get my normal ringtone and notification tone to work, couldn't get my normal keyboard to download etc, etc. Ended up nearly tearing my hair out and wishing that I hadn't bothered.:crazy:
Anyway, I think you may be able to help with the one problem that remains unanswered after yesterday's frustrations.
Should I go to the pub today?

Had you sought my counsel earlier would have advised you flying and the phone to a young person to set up, thereby saving you even more time you could have spent in the pub.

And yes, go to the pub. Mines a Guinness.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
As far as odd socks are concerned, it is all the rage to wear odd socks nowadays. My grandsons often wear odd socks. You might even be given respect and have street cred bestowed upon you for doing so. :okay:

Youngest’s Primary school is celebrating ‘Anti Bullying Week’ by allowing the children to wear odd socks all next week demonstrating it’s ok to be different. How times have changed. In my day you would have been publicly clubbed to death out on the 1st Team rugby pitch for wearing odd garters.

I too shall wear odd socks all next week.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Youngest’s Primary school is celebrating ‘Anti Bullying Week’ by allowing the children to wear odd socks all next week demonstrating it’s ok to be different. How times have changed. In my day you would have been publicly clubbed to death out on the 1st Team rugby pitch for wearing odd garters.

I too shall wear odd socks all next week.

I hope you don't wear the same ones all week. :eek:

Top Bottom