Under unit Kitchen lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocalLad

My first run is up :smile: not too much hassle...just a bit of a faff getting the cables in, as there wasn't much slack from the old ones.
Looks really good, and looking forward to getting the next ones up.

Next, a set for round the TV, oh and better fixing than the brown parcel tape I've used temporarily!

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You're way ahead of me, @LocalLad - I'm going to have to get some of those @marknotgeorge connectors ... :sad:.

:bravo: :okay: BTW !

LocalLad

The strip I bought had a plug attached, so I was able to just cut the plug off and wire into the transformer - much easier than soldering!

I think I'm also going to order some of those connectors for the next run - the kitchen units are in two parts (seperated by an extractor), so I cut the end off the LED strip to use at the other side.

I also need to work on a better fixing method - my quick bodge with parcel tape didn't even last the night!

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Reports upthread about the 'stickiness durability' of the adhesive on the back of the strip would seem to indicate that there is a need for something more. I'm trying the glue-gun method, so I'll let you know how it goes :okay: .... probably in about 2 years time ! ^_^
Though those connectors wont work on my 3528's apparently.
Yes, the LEDs are a different distance apart and the tape is not the same size (width) either ...

Top Bottom