University Cycling Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaugherC

Hello all!

My name is Christopher and I recently started a cycling club at Bowie State University in Bowie, MD. Some students signed up, but they do not have bikes. What is the best way to incorporate them into the club? What activities should we do to incorporate them? How can I get bikes for those who do not have bikes on campus or in general (rental program, sponsors, etc.)?

Thank you!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: how about starting up maintenance classes where people can bring a clunker in and learn how to repair it, you could ask people/shops to donate old but fixable bikes to the project.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
That ^^^^ is a great suggestion, perhaps post a notice on the university notice board asking people to donate old unused bikes, there must be thousands of bikes parked in peoples garden sheds and garages. Maybe add bicycle road craft to the list of activities.

thomasj

Please get in touch with me 2nd Floor James Gym. Their are faculty members who are trying to reach out and help the club. They are planning a meeting to discuss cycling events and support for your club.

Top Bottom