up or down and how do i get there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrstarwarsman

hello

im planning to do LEJOG/JOGLE in september but am not sure which is the best direction to go. ive been told north to south because of prevailing winds......?

also any ideas how best to get to one end and back from the other. ima poor student wholives in south england. ive got a van but ofcourse if i drove there would be no way of getting it back. im considering flying but feel abit guilty about the eco aspects of it. i guess the only solution left is the train....

one final thing. is there a website that provides a breakdown of the route. im aiming for 10 days. i guess that means i have to stick to main roads but it would be a shame to miss any sites.

thanks for you help!

wyno70

Thats the wrong way round, prevailing winds are from South to North, i.e. Lands End to John O'Groats.

Train is the easiest way and depending on where you live depends on which is easier to get to/ from.

Route - I'd just make my own up, isn't that half of the adventure?

andrew miners

mrstarwarsman said:
hello

im planning to do LEJOG/JOGLE in september but am not sure which is the best direction to go. ive been told north to south because of prevailing winds......?

also any ideas how best to get to one end and back from the other. ima poor student wholives in south england. ive got a van but ofcourse if i drove there would be no way of getting it back. im considering flying but feel abit guilty about the eco aspects of it. i guess the only solution left is the train....

one final thing. is there a website that provides a breakdown of the route. im aiming for 10 days. i guess that means i have to stick to main roads but it would be a shame to miss any sites.

thanks for you help!

Go to www.edwhiting.com shows google earth trace of his route from 2007

Top Bottom