Upset about my brother.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My brother has been into cycling a year now and has completed two sportives. He’s older and much heavier than I. Although he’ll never be that quick I was proud of him.
The trouble is at the weekend he went out in the full Team sky kit including the socks and helmet. It’s bad enough been a MAMIL but to be a pro team kit w@**€¥ as well. It’s just embarrassing. People will say Steve Cummings has really let himself go now.

My brother has been into cycling a year now and has completed two sportives. He’s older and much heavier than I. Although he’ll never be that quick I was proud of him.
The trouble is at the weekend he went out in the full Team sky kit including the socks and helmet. It’s bad enough been a MAMIL but to be a pro team kit w@**€¥ as well. It’s just embarrassing. People will say Steve Cummings has really let himself go now.
:laugh::rofl::okay:

Adam4868

Guru
Give him some encouragement and get yourself a movistar kit,one size too small !

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I was properly ready for a really sad tale of alcoholism, drugs, lost love, depression and I am therefore delighted to find this ;) I do feel for you though.

arch684

Veteran
Give him some encouragement and get yourself a movistar kit,one size too small !
The last time i passed a guy in a movistar full kit he was walking up a hill

Grumpy_Git

Hey I'm no fan of FKWs but if he feels better in it then live and let live.

Personally I feel lycra has no place outside of professional sports so weekend warriors and full on commuters make me shake my head.

Just casual shorts and t-shirt for me, others think I'm not a real cyclist or not trying hard enough.

Cronorider

Just get a photo of him with both hands on the drops - when he sees his gut touching the top tube he may reconsider his choice of kit. On the other hand, it never stopped me...

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.

Personally I feel lycra has no place outside of professional sports so weekend warriors and full on commuters make me shake my head.

Just casual shorts and t-shirt for me, others think I'm not a real cyclist or not trying hard enough.
I do lycra. I'd give pair of casual shorts two weeks doing my commute, so its better I wear something that lasts and is comfy.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

Depends what you do but if you put a bit of effort in then you sweat . Smelling of sweat is called BO so i would rather not put effort in when in normal clothes .

Top Bottom