Using female logic ( for my advantage )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squid lips

Having acquired a virtually brand new tiagra group set for the princely sum of £110 from a friend of a friend
I needed to upgrade my wheels and pedals on my merlin pr7 ,so having scouted around got a set of shimano 324 pedals for £23.30 at Evans 48% off and some new askium rims at A cycles for a £ 125 .89 £20 off rrp .
And to forestall any argument from the better half I used the immortal female line " look how much money I've saved by getting them in the sale " :thumbsup:. Which has been used on me to justify new shoes , handbags , furniture , carpets etc , so no come back as yet .
( puts on tin hat and flak jacket and waits for the female response :biggrin: )

MikeW-71

Veteran
Brave man using female logic against them.... :unsure:

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

So that's nearly £260 spent.

Now as someone who's been married twice I rate that a sum that's going to set you back at least a grand in total.
A ha but applying female logic I've saved nearly 40 quid :angel:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Some of us wife types are nice, understanding and don't pitch a fit every time our husbands spend money on cycling. I wasn't quite so understanding when Hubster went through a warhammer phase but still.

even without the expense, a married man going through a Warhammer phase is very worrying... very very worrying.

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

Some of us wife types are nice, understanding and don't pitch a fit every time our husbands spend money on cycling. I wasn't quite so understanding when Hubster went through a warhammer phase but still.
I had that response when I had my boat or as the better half called it a hole in the water you throw money at :huh:

Top Bottom