Using studded tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:reading:

They are on now, will give them a try out ride tomorrow and see how many studs I can lose :whistle:
You got any studs left on them tyres? :whistle:
Hope the bike is ok ... you should be bouncing back :whistle: so you're fine ^_^

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I had a proper wee adventure this morning :dance:, diverting away from the roads for a few miles on my commute, for some ice tyre play time :wahhey:.
The Straiton-Roslin cycle path (along an old railway route) was fully covered in snow (about 1-2 inches) with ice in places, where it had recently flooded. The only bare bits of tarmac were under bridges ...
It was just starting to get light, with a beautiful dawn breaking and the Pentland Hills white to one side ... for the most part, the only noise was the different sounds my tyres were making, depending on the surface, and some crows squawking in the bushes at some point :smile:.

T

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I had a proper wee adventure this morning :dance:, diverting away from the roads for a few miles on my commute, for some ice tyre play time :wahhey:.

I've just completed a sterner test of my studded tyres.

Lots of horrid frozen slush/snow/black ice around here at 9am this morning.

I avoided most of it, but on the bits I did have to ride on the studs gripped nicely.

Some lateral movement, but as users on this thread told me, the bike doesn't whip out from under you.

The conditions would have been unridable for me on ordinary tyres.

Better riders than me could have had some skiddy fun, but I lack the bike handling skills of people such as @Telemark.

Top Bottom