Valentine's dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

So what are you doing for your other half? Going out or staying in? I always make a point of cooking a really special meal for Mrs User482. Tonight's proposed menu is:

Scallops and black pudding on spinach, with apple sauce

Grilled dover sole with goose-fat crushed potatoes & purple sprouting broccoli

Pistachio creme brulee.

Any cooking tips for the dover sole? Never cooked it before.

wafflycat

Black pudding... barf!

Dover sole - lovely, but do not overcook as it is a very delicate fish & flavour.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Personally I'd give the apple sauce a miss - Can't help with the sole except to say don't over cook it. Haven't you got Rick Stein's book or Jamie or the lovely Delia!

Dinner will be me and the cat eating whatever I end up buying from Sainsburys.
Baggy will probably be having a Chinese takeaway with her mum.*

* - No, we haven't had a domestic, she's gone up norf for a funeral. :biggrin:

OP
OP
U

User482

Cheers both. Apple sauce is brilliant with black pudding (yum, not barf!) but perhaps not so good with scallops. I'll have another think.

User482 said:
Cheers both. Apple sauce is brilliant with black pudding (yum, not barf!) but perhaps not so good with scallops. I'll have another think.
Scallops with chorizo and goats cheese is pretty damn good. Just lose the apple sauce I would. Er, them spuds. Are you going to crush them (you middle class ponce;)) and then roast them in the goose fat?

Kirstie said:
Lots of seafood - scallops, mussels and king prawns, all bought from our local fishmonger chappy. Haven't decided how we're cooking it yet, but that's part of the fun...got to get a 2 hr workout in first though...
Well it is Valentines Day...:biggrin::sad::shy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll be having whatever happens to be reduced in Morrisons on the way home.

With no-one to share with, I may have to just have a double portion of whatever it is...:biggrin:

Still, it's Ashes to Ashes on the telly tonight.

To be fair, I was sent some chocolates last week, so I can gorge on those. But they were purely platonic friendly chocolates. Still, the flowers I got in exchange for a pair of teacosies some weeks back are still quite perky...

Top Bottom