Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Made you go doolally (or some people). It's actually still available in the UK, don't know if many drs still prescribe

Champix is the (fairly) new pharmaceutical kid on the block

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Really?
Why? It worked really well.

Too many suicides.
I totally agree with you, I gave up for 3 Years on it, it worked really well (stupidly started again though, my fault, not the drugs)
I may be wrong on it being banned, I can't find any references to that but when I asked about it a few Months ago, my GP told me they no longer prescribe it because of associated risks.

i had an appointment at 6.30 this evening with spinal surgeon, one of the questions he asked was am i a smoker , i told him its 18 months since i last had a cig but ive been using an ecig, he replied then you are an ex smoker, if you had still been on cigarettes then i wouldnt be offering you the op, if i didnt have so much other info to take in i would have asked him about it more ,

Cubist

Still wavin'
I was pondering whether the more enterprisingly perps of this world might find a way of infusing the liquids with cannabis oil? I know in America folk can now get 'medicinals' but I always wondering just how unappealing 'rolling a fat one' would be to a 90 year old with glaucoma.
Check YouTube for instructions on making cannabis eliquid, then Google cannabis volcano to see a state of the art dope vaping system

Well, I have to say that I've not read every post in this thread but if you want to pack in smoking then you should at least try the 'Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking' book. Patches, gum, vaping and any other NRT methods just are keeping you addicted, you are still a slave to nicotine, which your body does not need.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Too many suicides.
I totally agree with you, I gave up for 3 Years on it, it worked really well (stupidly started again though, my fault, not the drugs)
I may be wrong on it being banned, I can't find any references to that but when I asked about it a few Months ago, my GP told me they no longer prescribe it because of associated risks.
Oh ....

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well, I have to say that I've not read every post in this thread but if you want to pack in smoking then you should at least try the 'Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking' book. Patches, gum, vaping and any other NRT methods just are keeping you addicted, you are still a slave to nicotine, which your body does not need.

Reading that book was probably useful to me, although I had already quit by the time I read it!

I'd be interested in trying the nicotine-free ecigs though.

Reading that book was probably useful to me, although I had already quit by the time I read it!

I'd be interested in trying the nicotine-free ecigs though.

i get nicotine free liquid from here
http://www.cloudstix.com/index.php?...er_name=nicotine free&filter_description=true

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You try telling my body that ! I'm on day 5 now and vaping seems to be losing its edge . I'm puffing more than a steam train but im climbing the walls here :thumbsdown:

tyred

Legendary Member
My e-cig was probably one of the best and most life-changing purchases I ever made.

I'm 35, I smoked from the age of 12, smoking 20-30 a day since my late teens, always strong fags or thick well packed rollies, viewed anything with "Mild" written on the packet as a waste of time. I considered fags as essential, couldn't picture life without them. I had tried all the recommended NRT, cold turkey, Allen Carr, locking cigarettes in cars, drawers and cupboards and none of it worked.

Early this year, I was waiting for a friend in a shopping centre and feeling bored, I sampled and then bought a Ego starter kit out of curiosity from a stall in the mall and my ciggy consumption dropped overnight to 3 or 4 a day and gradually dropped of completely over the next month or two.

The very idea of putting a rolled up tube of leaves in my mouth and setting fire to it and breathing horrible tasting smelly smoke into my lungs would almost make me vomit now. I still vape but have found I use it less than I did and I have cut back on the strength of the liquid and am confident I will stop it completely in time.

I'm sure there is some risks to using one but based on how I feel it's less harmful than smoking by a factor of thousands and if this is the price I need to pay to not smoke, then so be it. I've never felt so fit and healthy.

Top Bottom