Vasectomy recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
Hi.. not too much of a sensitive subject I hope!

Have any of you guys had 'the snip' and if so how long was it before you were able to cycle again afterwards
Do any of you swim ? were you able to do that earlier?
Guidelines for this sort of thing are vague Is the determining factor your own comfort (or lack of)

Cheers!:rolleyes:

Two weeks is a good guide, i wouldn't rush into swimming as infection is the most common post op problem.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I intend to remain a 'complete man' thank you very much.
;-)

[obligatory vasectomy joke] it doesn't make a vas deferens [/obligatory vasectomy joke]
wave.gif

screenman

Legendary Member
I had mine done at the same time as I had my Hernia fixed, this was done on a Sunday at a private clinic, I was on the turbo on the Wednesday and back on the at about day 7. If I remember correctly I did a time trial after about 6 weeks, would have been sooner but the season had not started. A snip is just that, hardly major surgery mind you it is normally the nurse that gets you ready who feels a prick.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
All this describing the actual act of " La Chop " has made me wonder why it didn't hurt me more than it did .... Or am I just too butch ? ( pass the remote so I can watch strictly come dancing plz )

Mozzy

I was told to erm... have a "quick shuffle" daily to "clear things out" , so to speak... so that meant cutting down a bit
smile.gif

I'm going to be chuckling about what you just said for days. BRILLIANT :thumbsup:

Almost thirty years ago now; memorable moment was when the orderly asked us to lift up our gown to check we had followed 'structions for hair removal. "Oh." said he. "Very pretty, you didn't need to remove every last hair."

I'd taken the lot off . Better safe than sorry I thought. I felt fine after. Called in to meet up with a couple of buddies to play a quick nine holes of golf. Had lunch, a pint of Guinless, and all was well for the fist few holes. Anesthetic wore off, and my mate said ... "ere Mozzy, you OK, you've gone a sort of grey colour?"

Needless to say it was a BIG mistake, and I limped back ... slowly. Was self employed then so just took a couple of days then back to the daily grind. I kept forgetting though and pain would shoot when you were not ready.

NEVER again!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Having had mine done under a local anaesthetic I can distinctly remember the sensation of tubes being pulled and mauled around with :wacko:

I will never forget that! It felt like the tubes were connected to my ears the amount of pulling that seemed to be going on, the doc had to tell me to stop squirming, add to that the nurse sat at my ear yacking about any old bullshit she could think of to "take your mind off things" it's not something I'd ever want to repeat. Having said that, glad I've done it.
Oh yeah, I wasn't riding my bike at the time, but I seem to remember feeling pretty much sorted by the two week mark.

It makes me wince just thinking about it! :eek:

Anyway - I'm currently going through the 'womenopause' and I'm getting towards the age where a future partner is likely to be post-menopausal ... :whistle:

Fair do's mate, good luck on the partner front (from one old Coventry kid to another).

I had it done in my 20's (some 20+ years ago) because we had a healthy son, and my (then) wife had suffered a very bad time having him and there was no guarantee that wouldn't happen again.

I'm now with my partner who's very happy I'm "seedless".

Top Bottom