Vasectomy recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_craig

Über Member
Another Bump!

So I got my wings clipped over a month ago and I've been lucky in that I had no problems whatsoever, really. Well, apart from standing in the procedure room with the nurse, the doc wearing only my t-shirt, my keks and a pair of socks. I asked for more local anaesthetic as I could feel him rummaging about, which was uncomfortable. But in and out in 20 minutes - doodle. Wore a jock strap for a couple of days as I had a dull ache for 2- 3 days. Also had some bruising on the right side, which was about the size of a 10p piece. But I was back on the bike within a week. And my 5yo was well warned to not jump on daddy, and to the wee guy's credit, he was careful. Had a shed ton of annual leave to take, so I used a couple of weeks and really kicked the arse out of it.

So now I have to wait 16 weeks before I can hand in my specimen. I have to hand my sample to the lab within 2 hours of producing it and since I live an hour away, I have to book a room at the pathology department for some alone time...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't recall having such a strict time limit when handing mine in... just same day, I think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The time limit is a bit of a lie. I handed in mine at the local GP's which was then sent away. Glad it went well.

Lefty is giving me pain this evening, 10 years since mine was done. Might crack open the co-codamol :eek: It doesn't like the cold or cycling. :eek: Tough. :laugh:

Tom B

Guru
Father in law got the snip then later that day cycled from Blackburn to Lancaster for a night shift as a Firesquirter.

Apparently he did a fair bit of standing up

Top Bottom