Vasectomy recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I felt like they'd not put enough local anaesthetic in...because they hadn't.
Yes I did feel it as well, at which point they put another needle in .

Yes I did feel it as well, at which point they put another needle in .
Exactly. But they do one side at a time, of course. And they made the same error again.
So, four jabs instead of two, plus the scalpel edge tests. I was an airman then, and this was a naval hospital. The second edge test made me jump enough to kick the Surgeon Commander, to which he replied, "Never knew you f**kin crabs were so sensitive..."
Eventually they got it done, and I drove home from Plymouth to Camborne. :biggrin:

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
BUMP!

So I'm booked in to get my wings clipped on the 9th of February under local anaesthetic after 2 kids and many years of 'getting off at Haymarket' (A reference only those North of the Border may get). I was just searching for advice on how long I may be off the bike as I'm working towards the big Etape Caledonia in May and didn't want to be laid up too long. Reading through this and other threads, the consensus seems to be around two weeks off, everything going well. I post on another couple of forums and there's fellas who post there who have got proper horror stories. Coming on here and hearing everyone having a 'straight forward' post op phase is very reassuring.

I'll check in nearer the time and maybe have a funny tale to tell.
Yes 2-3 weeks and all pretty straight forward.

May I wish you many future journeys to the terminus :okay:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My brother recovered too well from his vasectomy and fathered a 4th child. Apparently it does happen from time to time.

But the consultant accused my brother's wife, to her face, of playing away from home - the evidence being that his count had previosuly dropped to zero.

A quick sample and recount - and whoops, no longer zero.

So back under the knife for him :eek:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
1643046893110.png

Time for this to be rolled out :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
View attachment 628039

Time for this to be rolled out :whistle:

Thats was me. Ended up in A&E twice. Had to drop my pants for a very nice young GP as well. I apologised, as shed never seen anything like it. Oh yeh, lefty was sizzled with no anaesthetic.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Had mine at RAF Hospital Ely.
There where bats flapping around in the light shrouds in the theatre !!!!!!
I pointed it out to the surgeon .... "yes, their protected” .. "sealed from the theatre though” ....
Not funny ....
6 weeks later I took my sample to the medical centre at RAF Honnington ... I was met at the door by a female medic younger than than the motorbike boots i was wearing !!!!

She smiled, in her dressing gown, .... it was early in the day ....... Passed over the container in a paper bag ....

:laugh:

Mr Celine

Discordian
The pre-op leaflet from the hospital told me to expect a couple of days of mild discomfort.

This was correct as far as it went. What it didn't say was that on day three the mild discomfort would be replaced by screaming agony.

As I lay on my deathbed I wrote out a codicil to my will leaving my body to medical science, except for lefty, which was to be given to the rugby club.

Big John

Guru
Had my snip in 1984 I think. All went well, fortunately, and I was back running if I remember rightly after about a week. Two mates asked for advice on having the snip because they were worried about the after effects. I told them it was no big deal and consequently they both had it done. Both then had bad experiences. One had a nasty infection after the op that made his testicles swell and the other one had problems during the op when the anaesthetic began to wear off. I should have kept my mouth shut 🤐

postman

Legendary Member
Went to work the next morning.Finished up getting divorced,so needed a reversal told I had one in five million chance of being a dad at 46 well I did it twice .It is possible that the hydrocele has come from both those surgeries.

Top Bottom