Vegan sausages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe I would be wrong if I was representing the views of the entire food market, but as I am going on the views of my household, I can state we don’t want joke shop food on our plates.

Give us Puy lentils and gruel any day over this processed muck.
Fair enough. But clearly many millions do.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suppose it depends on why people are vegan in the first place. I have a vegetarian colleague who is put off by the thought of meat.
I am vegetarian rather than vegan and I have been served vegetarian sausages a few times by carnivorous chefs. I am always slightly concerned that they might have mixed their meaty sausages up with my veggie ones. They can look pretty similar.

tom73

Guru
Most meat free is just aimed at the fashion end of food and just a quick convenance food market. Most who are "real" meat free know what they are doing and know how the marketing when they see it. Mrs 73 good friend is vegan when she visits it's surprising when you start looking how much day to day stuff is ok and with a little swopping out it's simple to cook day to day. Some stuff need's a good think but mostly it's not too bad. The other cash cow is gluten free most don't need it and for the ones who do it's a real chronic condition and they know what the game is too. Much of the gluten free stuff has always been so and now just because it's got gluten free on the packet have to pay even more for it.

As for @nickyboy and tasteless sausage just add a dash of Hendo’s :okay: ....sorted

Adam4868

Guru
I am vegetarian rather than vegan and I have been served vegetarian sausages a few times by carnivorous chefs. I am always slightly concerned that they might have mixed their meaty sausages up with my veggie ones. They can look pretty similar.
Like a lot of things,your probably better not knowing !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Most meat sausages are pretty horrid too!

If you can afford high quality ones fine, but mashed up tails and snouts... xx(

It must be 35 years since I ate a meat sausage. I hadn't given them much thought until today and now I feel hungry! I will settle for a bowl of muesli though ... :laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I had vegan sausages for breakfast today. I'm a meat-eater but I don't like my veggie food in the form of weird meat analogues - meat should be meaty, and a veg sausage should taste of veg. And like Crackle I resent the ubiquity of soya - I try to avoid it unless it's a traditional fermented form like soy sauce or tempeh. These sausages are made of beans and peppers. They're not bad, but neither are they sensational. Marks and Sparks do a nice one made of butternut squash and paprika, with cheese in.

IMG_20190310_115257165.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had vegan sausages for breakfast today. I'm a meat-eater but I don't like my veggie food in the form of weird meat analogues - meat should be meaty, and a veg sausage should taste of veg. And like Crackle I resent the ubiquity of soya - I try to avoid it unless it's a traditional fermented form like soy sauce or tempeh. These sausages are made of beans and peppers. They're not bad, but neither are they sensational. Marks and Sparks do a nice one made of butternut squash and paprika, with cheese in.

View attachment 456793
Is that a veggie black pudding :eek:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well, I was a big cheese hound, and tried to go vegan a couple of years ago. Surprizingly, it was easy.... aside from one thing: eggs! I learnt that while cheese wasn't as big as a problem as I thought, eggs were starting to prey on my mind. In the end I caved when I was given scrambled eggs by mistake, and I went back to my vegetarian ways.

One good thing did come out of it though: ever since that vegan attempt I've considerably cut down on my cheese intake and really don't miss it. Eggs? Love 'em!

A close friend of my partners is vegan,its a lot harder than i think.Giving up meat is easy in comparison.Id struggle for the one reason Cheese !

keithmac

Guru
Well, I was a big cheese hound, and tried to go vegan a couple of years ago. Surprizingly, it was easy.... aside from one thing: eggs! I learnt that while cheese wasn't as big as a problem as I thought, eggs were starting to prey on my mind. In the end I caved when I was given scrambled eggs by mistake, and I went back to my vegetarian ways.

One good thing did come out of it though: ever since that vegan attempt I've considerably cut down on my cheese intake and really don't miss it. Eggs? Love 'em!

Baby chickens..

Top Bottom