Vegan terrorism at it’s worst.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Being Vegan is south Germany is tough. He has my respect.
It's the Wurst.

DanZac

Try having a fruitarian in the family.

How much fruit do you need to eat a day to survive?
I normaly get through 2 or 3 bits of fruit just to see me between breakfast and lunch and even then it's sometimes a struggle not to think in going to starve before sandwich time.
Maybe I need to adjust my carb high diet and give the fruit thing a proper go.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since you have asked the question, Accy, you are massively wrong. It's easily done to have a very healthy, nutritious, balanced and varied vegan diet at very low cost. For example, regions in southern India are noted for high quality nutritious fayre and at extremely low cost.
Yes but isn't all food and drink cheaper in low economy countries? We hear of tourists living off a fiver a day in these places. The vegan stuff i see over here is quite expensive. I know fruit and veg is vegan but i'm on about stuff like tofu.

Lullabelle

Banana
I know several vegan runners and cyclists who not only look fit and healthy, they regularly show me up for the lardy slob I am with their running and cycling performances. They are excellent adverts for veganism.

I am sure they are , I just mentioned someone I worked with. He was a white rasta with dreadlocks and a very high opinion if himself. Saw him a couple of years ago, fat and completely bald :unsure:

MarkF

Guru
I've worked with non vegans who are always pale and looked ill. I've also worked with vegans and non vegans who are rarely ill or 'pale', and are in excellent health. So what is your point?

Not eaten meat nor seen a doctor in 30+ years. :okay:

My 3 kids don't eat meat nor processed food, all have been to to a doc/hospital once in their entire lives. Pea up nose, broken arm and busted lip............3 incidents (one each) in their 62 years!

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Not watching football is easy. Not drinking is rather taking things too far though.

Yep, I am contrary, my food diet is bang on but my beer diet, er, not so good. :sad:

Yes but isn't all food and drink cheaper in low economy countries? We hear of tourists living off a fiver a day in these places. The vegan stuff i see over here is quite expensive. I know fruit and veg is vegan but i'm on about stuff like tofu.
It depends what vegan food you are looking at Accy. The mainstream supermarkets are exploiting the huge increase in popularity of veganism and now have quite a wide range of vegan products. Many (but not all) of these are high in salt and/or sugar content and not very healthy overall. They are also quite expensive. But as mentioned upthread there are plenty of low cost highly nutritious foods that can be part of a vegan diet such as lentils, chickpeas, beans, cous cous, rice etc to name but a few. Tofu can be expensive (there are different types that are appropriate to different meals and ways of cooking). But obviously someone buying these and following a vegan diet won't be spending out on expensive (especially if organic) cuts of meat. I like eating nuts. Good quality nuts are quite expensive but very nutritious and a great source of protein. You don't need to eat many to feel satisfied and quite full so although they are expensive a big bag of mixed nuts can last a long time. Some people do have an allergy to nuts so would not include them in their diet.

AndyRM

XOXO
You can get wine gums and jellies without gelatine, M and S do them.
To do a vegan diet well, not just having beans on toast, you have to be able to cook fairly well. I dont think it is dirt cheap either as a lot of fruit and veg isnt cheap and things like tofu/vegan cheese and those milk substitutes are pricey as well. A litre of oatmilk, is about £1.70.

A litre of oatmilk will set you back £1. And that's for the branded stuff.

A vegan diet is substantially cheaper than an omni one, I know because I compare the prices of what I buy from the shops to what SophRM does.

AndyRM

XOXO

No its more than that, Check Sainsburys for Alpro Oatmilk its £1.40.

It all depends on what you buy, if your having 5-7 potions of fruit and veg a day plus cooking from scratch for all meals and eating decent things its not that cheap. You can eat cheaply as both a meat eater and veggie/vegan, it all depends on what you eat.
Theres 2 adults in my house and we spend around £60- £70.00 per week including the meat and biscuits for the cats. Thats not that cheap. I shop at Aldi, Lidl, Sainsburys and Asda in the main.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produ...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL_M0I7bk9sCFaukUQodBFEPBQ

Our house consists of 2 adults, a toddler and 2 cats. Weekly shop is around £50. You're getting ripped off.

Top Bottom