Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Near Lullington . Drive near Grafton farm house .
This one? if so, I have that in my sights - how was it - chased by rabid farmer??

Attachments

• grafton.png
    grafton.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 46
Still fiddling with VV and downloaded a KML file that purports to show missing tiles . Trouble is, it showed 3 squares as missing that are not. Attached are screen shots from the KML file in Google Earth and VV max cluster view that shows my tracks. Am I missing something, or is something broken pls?

12 by 12 now, 3919 tiles and 408 cluster.

VV.png
GE.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Still fiddling with VV and downloaded a KML file that purports to show missing tiles . Trouble is, it showed 3 squares as missing that are not. Attached are screen shots from the KML file in Google Earth and VV max cluster view that shows my tracks. Am I missing something, or is something broken pls?

12 by 12 now, 3919 tiles and 408 cluster.

View attachment 405254 View attachment 405255

Did you download the KML file before updating VV? If not then I presume it's a glitch.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Had a closer look, seems I've only lost one square, I'm positive I've ridden that the square, but none of my rides are going through it. Luckily it is only 7 miles away

Had an annoying moment on uploading my ride today. I'd ended riding past Cromford Station to top my ride up to 50 miles, so did half a mile down a road and back. Turns out, had I done 0.55 mile each way, I'd have got 2 bonus squares!!

Skuhravy

Veteran
Phew, finally bagged that annoying square in the middle of Boltby Forest. Max square now up to 33x33.

I bagged a few more round the Eston Hills and the Moors too, and linked some squares round the south of Teesside with my main cluster. That's up to 2271. It's like Blockbusters.

Picked up a few more squares today, 15x15 now. One Garmin switchoff, one Garmin freezeup and two closed and impassable roads had me wondering if it was meant to be, but all the data was there to be stitched together, and the closures didn't matter.

bruce1530

Guru
A few nights ago, I ...umm...err, cough, took a wrong turning, and followed a path, and ... cough, don’t know how it happened, but I appear to have ended up inside the perimeter of the old explosives site. There’s security, and fences and signs near the main entrance warning of dire consequences if you come near, but round the back it’s quite a pleasant path...

So that’s a few more squares ticked off that were frustratingly close to home, taking me to 13x13 (with my house being outside that square!)

Is anyone doing this in the Glasgow/ayrshire/renfrewshire area? There are some squares that I can’t see any obvious routes to...

PapaZita

Guru
I’ve just discovered Veloviewer and its squares, thanks to this thread. I’m currently at 13x13 in SW Hertfordshire. It’s grown quickly over the last couple of weeks, but I think all the easy pickings have been had. Now I’m pushing up against Luton to the north, Watford to the south, Hatfield to the east, places my normal rural routes would tend to avoid. I think this weekend’s project might be to explore the joys of the Luton-Dunstable guided busway, but it’ll take a few more rides in different directions to get to 14x14.

I’ve just discovered Veloviewer and its squares, thanks to this thread. I’m currently at 13x13 in SW Hertfordshire. It’s grown quickly over the last couple of weeks, but I think all the easy pickings have been had. Now I’m pushing up against Luton to the north, Watford to the south, Hatfield to the east, places my normal rural routes would tend to avoid. I think this weekend’s project might be to explore the joys of the Luton-Dunstable guided busway, but it’ll take a few more rides in different directions to get to 14x14.
Not sure how you plan your routes, but you may wish to give cycle.travel a go. It routes quieter roads and cycle paths, not sure how much that would help in your area, but it did a good job for me in Derby. The basic method I use is to pick my start point and set my first destination as the end. Then drop a "Via point" in just before your destination point, them drag the end point to your next destination. Hope that makes sense. Clearly its impossible to avoid traffic in cities. I also plan some rides early Sunday morning. Example cycle.travel route below.

Attachments

• C.T route.PNG
    C.T route.PNG
    189 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Top Bottom