Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Really crap at this, stuck on an 8x8 still with a max cluster of 166. Maybe I should actually try and get a few new squares.

3 bonus squares wandering round Newcastle today! They don't contribute to my max cluster but good all the same!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Lots of fresh roads for me today saw a gain of 61 squares. Rather frustratingly my eyes must have gone wrong during the planning of this ride, as I missed a row of 3 squares, all in a block I was zigzagging through to catch:rolleyes:
Still stuck at 14 x 14. The 3 I missed today would have made it 17 x 17, but I have a far more challenging one to get in the middle of Ash Ranges, a live firing military site. I reckon a very early ride out may be in order...

13 rider

Guru
Lots of fresh roads for me today saw a gain of 61 squares. Rather frustratingly my eyes must have gone wrong during the planning of this ride, as I missed a row of 3 squares, all in a block I was zigzagging through to catch:rolleyes:
Still stuck at 14 x 14. The 3 I missed today would have made it 17 x 17, but I have a far more challenging one to get in the middle of Ash Ranges, a live firing military site. I reckon a very early ride out may be in order...
Just ride quick they never hit you then .
It's nice when you can see progress but it's get so much harder when your nearest square is 25 miles away

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
10 new squares today, including one which required going up a waterlogged bridleway for roughly half a mile (and then back), got a puncture at the end of that and the bike was filthy, so was I ten minutes later. :laugh:

Anyway, those 10 squares increased my cluster by 32 and now stands at 1,509

steverob

Guru
Added 15 more tiles today, which puts me on a path to get up to a 23x23 max square in about three rides time (although I probably won't do them as my next three rides - will space them out over the next month or so).

Annoyingly though, I've missed out on a tile by possibly a matter of centimetres. My GPS trace seems to have drifted slightly off-road at exactly the point where I needed it to be accurate, because this road only just crosses in to the corner of a particular tile. Put it this way, if I'd have been going the other direction (e.g. in the other lane), I'd have been safely inside the tile boundary even with a bit of GPS drift, but going the way I did (east to west on the aerial view below), the margin for error just wasn't there.

upload_2018-4-7_22-1-50.png

steverob

Guru
Yes, the above map is actually from the VeloViewer activity itself (I added on the ticks). In fact I'd missed out on the square originally with the simplified line, so made sure I clicked in the hope that would correct it, only to still not (quite) end up getting it.

wajc

Veteran
Added 15 more tiles today, which puts me on a path to get up to a 23x23 max square in about three rides time (although I probably won't do them as my next three rides - will space them out over the next month or so).

Annoyingly though, I've missed out on a tile by possibly a matter of centimetres. My GPS trace seems to have drifted slightly off-road at exactly the point where I needed it to be accurate, because this road only just crosses in to the corner of a particular tile. Put it this way, if I'd have been going the other direction (e.g. in the other lane), I'd have been safely inside the tile boundary even with a bit of GPS drift, but going the way I did (east to west on the aerial view below), the margin for error just wasn't there.

If you like you can email me the file - gpx is best, you can export if from your Strava upload if it was in a different format and I'll sort it for you. Let me know roughly at what distance the road in question is. email address for this is pc123456@virginmedia.com

wajc

Veteran
Not been able to do much square hunting for the past few weeks due to snow, lack of time or doing other rides so was keen to get out today. Forecast didn't look great but I was determined to get out to get some squares. It started off dry but then gradually worsened - not particularly heavy rain but enough to wet the roads and make them really grotty in places.

Ride distance was nearly 133km, walking distance about 25m (to ensure that I just crossed in to a square at the end of a track), all for just 13 more squares - not a great return for the effort made but all going towards improving my max square.

max square 33x33, max cluster 1373

Top Bottom