Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Train out to Nottingham this morning, 40 mile ride which saw me bag 32 more squares and nudge the max square up another 35. Some cracking squares ticked off around the Trent, including the Great Wilne square that I've ridden past loads of times but never done the extra few hundred yards to bag it.

Some nice roads and trails up that way

Skuhravy

Veteran
A couple of days' riding round the Moors has left my square unchanged at 34x34 (I'd need to sea kayak from Seaton Carew to the Headland for that extra square, I reckon), but has jumped my cluster up to 2422 - and I'm in the leaderboard! Well, 19th, and it's pretty tight, so no doubt those behind me will catch up soon.

But it's an impressive beastie - north to Jesmond, south to Selby, east to Whitby and west to Arkengarthdale. West is hard - there just aren't that many ridable places. However, I only need a half dozen or so squares to get the cluster north to Morpeth, and a single square would extend it out to Hawes. It's like Blockbusters.

PapaZita

Guru
I managed to get three rides in over the long weekend, growing my square from 13x13 to 16x16. A nice hilly ride west to Wendover on Saturday, and out towards Hitchin on Sunday got me to 15x15. Then on Monday, the planned trip through Luton on NCN6 got extended out to Leighton Buzzard on the Sewell Greenway when I spotted the opportunity for the 16x16. I took the CX bike in anticipation of a few bridleways and dodgy surfaces, which turned out to be a good choice. I wasn't sure what an orange line on OpenCycleMap was, but followed one to avoid a main road, and found myself up to my elbows in nettles. Later a wrong turn meant scrambling through a muddy ditch and up an embankment to get back to the track. Great fun!

Ivo

A continental tilehunter here.
I've started with veloviewer about 2 months ago. First I uploaded my old tracks archive and since 2 months I'm working on my tiles and squares.
Yesterday added a few tiles near Liège airport to reach the 20x20.
Just to give an impression, a screenshot

veloviewer+tiles+180531.jpg

Venod

Eh up
I used VV when it was free but never bothered with the subscription, but I quite like this squares thing so subscribed, I went out today to fill a few holes in my map, I thought I had got all the four I targeted, but turns out I didn't go far enough up the track in one of them, so I will try again, it will take a bit of trespass and deviousness if I am to bag some of my missing ones, the Peat farm near Goole looks like its a no go.

upload_2018-6-1_20-24-37.png

13 rider

Guru
A square gathering ride today including a tricky one at Car Colston managed it on the bike still yet to walk a square I think others have had to walk this one . Stumped by another one only way to get seems a farm drive which had a locked gate on it . Uptown 2539 squares max cluster 1208

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
A square gathering ride today including a tricky one at Car Colston managed it on the bike still yet to walk a square I think others have had to walk this one . Stumped by another one only way to get seems a farm drive which had a locked gate on it . Uptown 2539 squares max cluster 1208

If you let me know the square I’ll see if I’ve done it

13 rider

Guru
It's between Bingham and Car Colston . I think @tallliman walked a footpath I found a driveway at the side of the cricket club just ! Long enough to get into the square . It's off a large village green

Preparation is everything....................

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rWifmDuJEA

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
a truly mad ride for squares today down a few nice descents to only have to climb back up them as @tallliman tooks us on detour after detour :laugh:.

45 more to the overall total and another 109 to the max cluster which is now 7 shy of 2000. Only four more squares to get all the Leicestershire ones, 2 north of Corby and annoyingly 2 that I had forget about near Bottesford.

Top Bottom