Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Is it a tricky one we could head that way on July 1st

No dead easy, though it is a ride into the square and ride back. Might as well get the other four whilst we are at it.

upload_2018-6-16_19-26-45.png

wajc

Veteran
Another Max Square fan here located just east of Lincoln. Got the bug when I signed up to Veloviewer last December for the extra stats it gave - then discovered the Max Square Score (was on 8x8 at the time). Currently on 21x21 and need 1 square for 22x22. Hoping to get on the leaderboard (28x28 needed).

That was back in May 2017 and I have finally made it on to the leaderboard in 20th place with todays ride taking me to 39x39.

I've taken a screenshot of the leaderboard for posterity as I don't think I'll be on it for long. @Supersuperleeds might have something to do with that :thumbsup:

2018-06-17.png

I can't begin to think of the dozens of dead end roads, farm tracks and U-turns I've performed (once I've crossed in to the square) whilst pursuing this goal - not forgetting one or two 'cheeky' routes as well. I've enjoyed it all - especially those roads that I would never have ridden on but discovered them to be great for cycling.

I'm about 6 squares short of 40x40 which is doable in 2 rides (it would have been 1 but I missed a square a few weeks ago when not concentrating). I'm going to put chasing squares for my max square on the backburner a bit - I'll still add a few occasionally but won't dedicate the time required to keep on the leaderboard.

Well done @wajc!

It's strange but I've all but given up with the max square, all about my max cluster for now. I guess having 3 cities around me has just made it less fun to get those squares

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Todays metric century saw me pick up a good few squares, 33 to be precise, North of the airport, and took me to 18x18 with a max cluster of 465. I have a rather annoying single square which sits in the middle of the military firing ranges. Not sure if it's Ash range or Pirbright, if it's the latter then I'll never get it as it's no entry due to unexploded ordanance:ohmy:

Siclo

Veteran
Blast! Just clicked a ride, gained a tile and lost a tile, down to 21x21, back to sneaking around the gas storage site at Lach Dennis this weekend then

PapaZita

Guru
I’ve just lost a tile too, fortunately only down to 17x17 from 19x19. I had been planning to report a bug where none of my tiles were getting recalculated when I clicked on a ride. I gave it one last try today, and was happy to find that it seemed to be fixed. I knew of a couple of miscounted tiles outside my square, and they got corrected. Unfortunately, there was also one hiding inside my square, that I hadn’t even realised was at risk.

Top Bottom