Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
Could you get a boat to cover the Mersey? If you ran all the time, itd count in my book!
I've taken my bike on the ferries plenty of times, so maybe if I stayed sitting on it? :smile:

But seriously, I got my max cluster across the river easy enough - I've cycled through the Mersey Tunnel a couple of times, and there's enough of the narrow section of the river for tiles on each side to meet.

The real problem is the sea stopping my max square extending West. You can see on the attached image...

There are two squares that look like they're accessible from the Liverpool side, but the land you can see is industrial/dock area with big security. I might be able to get onto one from the Wallasey side at low tide - but that's one tile further West at most.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 18.50.34.png

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
Total tiles now up from 455 to 466, and max cluster up from 118 to 140.
Group ride yesterday which covered some new ground, and to and from the start/finish I took some diversions to fill in an island of 8 untouched tiles. Total tiles now 495 (+29), max cluster 165 (+25).

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
Group ride yesterday which covered some new ground, and to and from the start/finish I took some diversions to fill in an island of 8 untouched tiles. Total tiles now 495 (+29), max cluster 165 (+25).
I meant to say that part of the island of missing tiles is covered only by tracks and footpaths and I didn't know whether there was any way through, but I'd started early so that I'd have enough time to give it a go.

I found a great route through woods between fields, which someone told me later is known as the old coach road. It's broken and very bumpy now, but fine on my touring bike - and the woods were full of pheasants (so close to the E Lancs road where motorists drive past every day with no idea).

It will be a regular route now - and if it wasn't for VeloViewer, I'd never have found it :okay:

@Alan O, that's part of what I love about square grabbing; finding routes that you wouldn't normally use but are just stunning

13 rider

Guru
13 more squares today including todays target square which due to navigation error I had missed on a ride a year ago and in ended up on the bottom line of my max square and was only 26 miles away from home . 1 more targeted ride should see max square jump from 27*27 to 29*29 . Max cluster up to 1355
Target ride completed and max square up to 29*29 . Max cluster 1385 total number 3084 . The tricky square involved a tough track on which I punctured on . My first velo viewer puncture considered the tracks I've riden it's not too bad

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Target ride completed and max square up to 29*29 . Max cluster 1385 total number 3084 . Throne tricky square involved a tough track on which I punctured on . My first velo viewer puncture considered the tracks I've riden it's not too bad

You know you've done a rough track when you discover a split rim or even a cracked hub :whistle:

Was that the track from the bottom of the industrial estate and a couple of gates to lift the bike over? If so, we've ridden much worse.

13 rider

Guru
You know you've done a rough track when you discover a split rim or even a cracked hub :whistle:

Was that the track from the bottom of the industrial estate and a couple of gates to lift the bike over? If so, we've ridden much worse.
Yes that lane . Gates were open :rolleyes:. Yes we've been down worse . Didn't check tyre pressure before ride pinch flat,nice snake bite possibly down to low pressure

Top Bottom