Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Today's jaunt added 39 new squares total now 4341 no change to max cluster 1926

Ivo

A ride from Aalter to Brussels finished off my year, work and other commitments prevent me from riding for the next few days.
total tile count rose from 28158 to 32336 , square only from 33 to 35 but the cluster increased from 3251 to 5336.

7 little stragglers got this past weekend (1 Saturday and 6 today)
managed to get my max square to 13x13 now.

wajc

Veteran
847 new squares (4863 total)
43 x 43 max square (up from 40 x 40)
575 increase in max cluster (2560 total)

Hoping to increase the max square a bit further yet, 50 is probably the limit before I hit a big urban area that I'd rather not bother with (Nottingham). To do this I also need quite a few squares that have some 'off-roading' aspect to them so really need to wait until things dry up in the spring.

Happy square hunting to you all in 2020.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
847 new squares (4863 total)
43 x 43 max square (up from 40 x 40)
575 increase in max cluster (2560 total)

Hoping to increase the max square a bit further yet, 50 is probably the limit before I hit a big urban area that I'd rather not bother with (Nottingham). To do this I also need quite a few squares that have some 'off-roading' aspect to them so really need to wait until things dry up in the spring.

Happy square hunting to you all in 2020.

Nottingham isn't too bad to get to be fair. If you do head this way and you want some slow company I'm sure we could arrange a forum ride.

wajc

Veteran
That's quite an easy one to get to. Just head down Southmoor Lane which is a paved road that eventually leads to a farm - there were no restricted access signs and it seemed to be just like any other country lane to me. Before you get too far (about 500m) take the turn on the left to the oil wells. This was fine as well as it's a service road (concreted or at least hard-packed ground IIRC). You need to go right up to the gate to claim the square but you could go beyond this and walk down the side of the compound if you felt the need to.

Top tips - don't smoke and watch out for slippery patches :laugh:

Top Bottom