Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solocle

Über Member
1592153960118.png

Went from 7x7 to 15x15 over lockdown, including moving it to a different part of the country... can't say that there were any particularly hard tiles to get if avoiding the trunk road. But I did do 50 miles on an MTB two weeks ago to nab some bridleway tiles that extended my max cluster.
1592154210839.png

1592154265340.png

ukbabz

Über Member
I started at 12x12 and have upped it to 19x19. With the dry weather some of the bridleways have been passable on my roadbike too so has helped tick off random tiles that I've missed. Trickiest part is finding time for long enough rides to get to new tiles now but it's a nice way of finding new places to ride.

2745 tiles, average of 6.106 km per tile
Max square 19x19
Max Cluster: 556

Global Nomad

Regular
Hi Everyone, i've managed to do a few long rides now and can focus on filling in the squares within the M25, have a route to do the a full lap too once i can align weather and a day pass from mrs nomad...all rides from home and planned on strava + google maps/streetview) - too much trouble to get turn by turn so just follow the line and stop and check when necessary, as ukbabz noted some paths are dry enough to go across fields on a road bike with tubeless..last years london revolution is the big loop showing..
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 19.42.06.png

Global Nomad

Regular
PS -- thats an all time map rather than 2020

2930 tiles, average of 9.148 km per tile
Max square 16x16
Max Cluster: 494

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Got a square raid planned tomorrow. Should clock up about 130km. I’ve made the out and back sections left, right, left etc. To make it easy when navigating on the road. Current square 17x17. This raid may make a jump but to be honest I’m trying to be efficient about collecting squares in an area rather than nibbling at edges of current max square. The jumps will come anyway.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Got a square raid planned tomorrow. Should clock up about 130km. I’ve made the out and back sections left, right, left etc. To make it easy when navigating on the road. Current square 17x17. This raid may make a jump but to be honest I’m trying to be efficient about collecting squares in an area rather than nibbling at edges of current max square. The jumps will come anyway.

That's how I do it, all of a sudden you get to a point were a couple of squares gives you a massive jump, then back to area filling for a while before another jump.

@Solocle, are you trying to get anywhere with your spurs to the west and the south?

Global Nomad

Regular
Did some 'area filling ' yesterday around Rainham and North Ockendon but the blocked roads and paths on my route lead to a lot of on the fly exploration across gravel tracks and fields ( with a road bike) and dropped the average speed, cut out some loops as a consequence so will have to return to fill. have already dropped my idealism in respect of 'properly' going through tiles rather than just crossing the boundary briefly...
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 07.53.35.png

Not really, although I might eventually make a push for Exeter. South isn't going anywhere... the real trick will be pushing north to Oxford, where I have another cluster ready and waiting!

I spent a few months connecting my cluster in the East Midlands to Central London.....it was good fun with some jeopardy as if I missed a square, it was a long way back to get it!

Top Bottom