'Vigilante' cycle gang attack taxi in bus lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Idiots

Then, quite ridiculously, Mr Hussain decided he was not going to budge when we refused to do so as we occupied the bus lane on the Horton Square side. He was not "surrounded" as he erroneously claims, we were in front of him, in the bus lane. the lane he should have taken, to his left remained clear throughout the incident, apart from when cars occupied it as they waited for the lights to change when joining the ring road.

I saw the incident with the wing mirror. The "cyclist" in question was not on his bike at the time. So should he be referred to as a pedestrian? And, by association, is he then giving all pedestrians a bad name? Anyway, the police officer ushered the taxi into the right hand lane to continue, illegally, across the bus gate. I don't know if the PEDESTRIAN saw the taxi coming but the next minute, he was rolling off it's wing, and off came the mirror, as per its design, so that it did not injure the PEDESTRIAN further.

We have had less furore in recent weeks in the local media after a cyclist was killed. Yet alas, due to an easily repairable bit of damage to a Hackney Carriage, reported entirely from the point of view of the driver and with the added flashing lights and bells and whistles of the entirely disgusting sensationalist headline, members of this group have decided to condemn events that they did not witness themselves. An absolutely reprehensible source, generating some oddly vehement feedback, in my opinion.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
That birminghamcyclist blog says "cycling community".

*wince*

Is this meant to be in the cafe?

It's the sort of thread that attracts the zealot fringe of car-hating loonies like me.

Can we please move it before I drown in my own bile of opinionated claptrap?

The cafe should be for the daft, the jolly and the harmless. And the tea.

MarkF

Guru
"I saw the incident with the wing mirror. The "cyclist" in question was not on his bike at the time. So should he be referred to as a pedestrian? And, by association, is he then giving all pedestrians a bad name?"

^_^ I couldn't even be bothered to get the bottom of this sorry squabble.

Top Bottom