Vintage Falcon road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Update: I’ve used spray.bike primer and it came out well. Hoping to put their Coldharbour Lane paint on it next weekend. Transfers are on the way from Cyclomondo, and then it will get a gloss clear coat. Trying to this done before it’s too cold to spray!
View attachment 663315

View attachment 663316

View attachment 663317

View attachment 663318

View attachment 663319

Thats really very close to the old Falcon "san-remo" blue :smile:

andyscherer

Here's the respray. I'm pleased with the color and quality. I tacked the headbadge in place as a reference. It's just a bit lighter than it appears in these photos. When the transfers arrive I'll place them and finish with a coat or two of clear gloss. I'll polish up all the components while that cures and then rebuild.
Falcon respray drive side.png

Falcon respray angle.png

Falcon respray headbadge.png

Falcon respray headbadge.png

I've sanded down the indents in the head tube and top lug and resprayed that bit.

Falcon respray seat cluster.png

falcon respray with wheels.jpg

Last edited:

Mandobob

So, almost at the end of this lengthy project. A very early Falcon, identifiable by its rare badge showing it made by RCI who Ernie Clements worked for when he came up with the Falcon marque. So it is pre March 1958. Frame rescued after having been hand painted black! All the transfers were made scifically for this project and copied from period catalogue. I still have a few little tweaks to finish it but gave it a short test ride this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 24
So, almost at the end of this lengthy project. A very early Falcon, identifiable by its rare badge showing it made by RCI who Ernie Clements worked for when he came up with the Falcon marque. So it is pre March 1958. Frame rescued after having been hand painted black! All the transfers were made scifically for this project and copied from period catalogue. I still have a few little tweaks to finish it but gave it a short test ride this afternoon.

Oh! I liked that black finish ! :whistle:

Top Bottom