Vinyl Albums are great

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I still have all my 45s and they're great. I play them when I am pissed. I got rid of most of my LPs and regretted it. I kept The Unforgettable Fire by U2, Automatic for the People by REM, and an LP by The Singing Loins (which is great) and several others. I have gradually been building up my LP collection again. I am slightly annoyed by HMV. Where was The Beat, The Violent Femmes, The Dandy Warhol's, Beck? Nowhere in HMV. You can still order these records from Discogs thankfully.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Having covered the pretentious bit in a later post, even someone with limited knowledge of making proper coffee and poor intellect can see that your use of this word is misplaced. I drink about 6 or 7 cups of coffee a day, and Mrs Bulldog around 3 cups a day. I make coffee for others too including friends and neighbours and various visiting workmen who do jobs around the farm. They all especially knock on the door and ask if they can drink one of my cups of coffee.

So pretentious I'm not mate. Also the nobbery bit is bang out of order. I don't know how you can get away with that, and I get banned for blowing my nose.

So lets look at the word jealous and i think that suits you down to the ground.

jealous

"feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages. "

What do you think?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Unfortunately my decks and all my techno records are stuck in a storage unit as I haven't the time or the space for them. I should probably learn to mix on my phone or something.

Mixing on vinyl's great though. There's a real physical and visual connection to the music. It's right there, you can see it and feel it. I guess you get some of the same visual input from a waveform, but there's something about interacting with a record that I don't think you get with a digital medium.

Makes no bloody difference to what you hear out of the rig, really, assuming decent quality wav files and none of that MP3 shite.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've kept most of my bought early 70's onwards LP's,but left my singles behind at my last flat. I don't play those LP's,i haven't done so for years. I can listen to the same songs/tracks on you tube,done by different artists,'remixes' etc so why bother? I was walking round a local supermarket the other month and was kind of shocked to see vinyl albums going for 18 quid!:ohmy: Surely they only cost a few quid to make? I remember me and my brother saving our pocket money up to buy Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti LP in 1975. We sent our postal order off to Melody Maker. Seeing as it was a double LP it cost a fiver.:smile: My brother took that LP with him when he went to university in 1980. He later admitted that he sold it,along with our part (amongst other things),supposedly shared Holdsworth 10 speed racer,to pay off his student digs rent! :headshake:

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
It's the snap crackle and pop that's the problem.

Not if you get the 180gm vinyl. Much higher sound quality.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I still have all my 45s and they're great. I play them when I am pissed. I got rid of most of my LPs and regretted it. I kept The Unforgettable Fire by U2, Automatic for the People by REM, and an LP by The Singing Loins (which is great) and several others. I have gradually been building up my LP collection again. I am slightly annoyed by HMV. Where was The Beat, The Violent Femmes, The Dandy Warhol's, Beck? Nowhere in HMV. You can still order these records from Discogs thankfully.

I had to get rid of mine as I knew I would be moving around for a few years, Finland, London and Hong Kong.

Use Discogs regularly but the postage can be a bit pricey.

Put on a record and then go and make some coffee...... you may have to wait a while , he draws them on the cave wall , ......…..remember we cant have any of this new fangled instant camera shyte
I'm not a complete troglodyte. I'm waiting for a delivery of collodion from the suppliers, then I can coat the plate, load it into the trusty old Sanderson, and get snapping.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've kept most of my bought early 70's onwards LP's,but left my singles behind at my last flat. I don't play those LP's,i haven't done so for years. I can listen to the same songs/tracks on you tube,done by different artists,'remixes' etc so why bother? I was walking round a local supermarket the other month and was kind of shocked to see vinyl albums going for 18 quid!:ohmy: Surely they only cost a few quid to make? I remember me and my brother saving our pocket money up to buy Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti LP in 1975. We sent our postal order off to Melody Maker. Seeing as it was a double LP it cost a fiver.:smile: My brother took that LP with him when he went to university in 1980. He later admitted that he sold it,along with our part (amongst other things),supposedly shared Holdsworth 10 speed racer,to pay off his student digs rent! :headshake:
£18 isn't a bad price considering an LP was around £10-£15 25 years ago.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

OK Just finished another coffee bean roast on my super Gene Cafe Home Roasting machine (cost a fortune). The recipe is to roast at a temperature of 150 degrees C for 5 minutes and then 240 degrees C for 10 minutes and finally 220 degrees C for 5 minutes before the cooling down cycle for about 8 minutes. This is for flavour rather than strength. Don't want it too bitter do we?

There is nothing like freshly roasted coffee beans, you what I mean? On the other hand maybe you don't. The grind has to be fine for espresso but I find that too fine and the infusion is too slow for a 30 second shot, so I choose two grades above the finest grind level. The steam wand is magic, none of this single hole cheap stuff. My one has 3 holes just like the proper coffee shops steam wands. I find that the best temperature for making the espresso is 93 Degrees C. But you can only get that with a top machine (mine cost a fortune)

So here I am drinking my delicious Cappuccino made with freshly roasted, freshly ground coffee beans . Pretentious Moi :becool:

edit
I forgot to add the steamed milk froth to be served at 70 degrees C
No attempt at a slam dunk, Royal Flush, 100% total full bloodied pretentious nobbery would be complete without this addition. Elton, mate what
do you think? Not bad eh

?
20200228_075242.jpg

20200228_075513.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom