Vinyl Albums are great

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I'm sure I've said this before on here, but back in the day I used to keep cuttings and interviews and album reviews from Sounds and Melody Maker and so on and slip them inside the relevant album. These days, on the rare occasion I grab an LP (I have to go to the garage, move some spare kitchen chairs and a couple of bikes, remove some sheets, some mouse-traps, some bubble-wrap, a box of books, and some flower compost) I'm often delighted to find, not only do I have a whole album cover (and sometimes an inner-sleeve) to read, but all that extra material, too. Good job there's all this reading material as I've nothing to play the vinyl on, anymore.
I bought an album last week that had a newspaper article in it, also a picture of the artist (Neil Young), together with a note wishing somebody a happy birthday (in 1977).

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Years ago i picked up an LP in a charity shop and inside the sleeve was a signed poster for a gig in Morecambe some 20 years previously. Brought back some memories as i was at that very gig... sh!t album though.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

For anyone else out there who doubts my integrity. such as iron ore man who still hasn't put up.
20200227_140953.jpg

20200227_141118.jpg

20200227_141224.jpg

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I've found the answer

20200228_100601.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
True story.

I was skiing in Canada with my brother and his young girlfriend , 16 years ago now. We were talking about music and my brother asked me what make / model of turntable I had. Unprompted his girlfriend asked if I was a DJ. How we pissed ourselves laughing , and then laughed some more when she didn’t realise why.

Top Bottom