Vinyl Albums are great

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Proper job ... got up early in the morning, I believe I'll dust my broom.

Active listening is a lost art in this busy world.

Some Peter Green magic there.

View: https://youtu.be/eWGAzWjPPz0

The HiRes version of this sounds like a crispy pancake eaten by Super Mario, vinyl every time :okay:

tyred

Legendary Member
I love vinyl, I really do and I have quite a lot I have collected over the years but it lives at my parents house at the moment. As do my CDs and cassettes.

I live in a relatively small one bedroom flat. I have a prehistoric laptop full of MP3s which I have wired through an amp and speakers and use as a sort of jukebox. I would rather have my vinyl here but sad to say, the convenience of the MP3 and laptop approach and the fact that it takes up so much less space than all the vinyl means it wins the day. If I really wanted to save even more space I could bin the laptop and replace with an MP3 player about the size of a matchbox which would hold all of my music.

If I had more space, I'd have my records here but needs must.

It's the same with photography. I love nothing more than to play with my film gear but as the majority of my photography nowadays is done purely to use on my cycling blog, it makes more sense to just use a digital camera rather than bother to scan negatives and then clutter the place up with prints I don't really need.

I'm writing this in a coffee shop called Harris and Hoole just finished a small cappuccino.dont like huge cups. and it's the closest a coffee shop has come to my high standards. i would recommend them if you have one in your area.

Harris & Hoole were developed and part-owned, eventually fully-owned by Tesco and then sold to Cafe Nero. They were also voted among the least ethically sourced coffee shops.

I love these independent coffee shops.:rolleyes:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mini ck whos fast appraochiga teenager has discovered vinyl , bought himslef a cheap turntable with x mas money and spends all his pocket money buting used records on flea bay m its all Madonna though :sad:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Harris & Hoole were developed and part-owned, eventually fully-owned by Tesco and then sold to Cafe Nero. They were also voted among the least ethically sourced coffee shops.

But they do give you the chance to assuage your environmental guilt by buying a four quid reusable plastic cup.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Until I started this thread I hadn't given a thought to adding to my collection, however doing a quick search I came up with Ben's Collectors Records just off Guildford High Street which is the nearest town to where I live. My browser wont let me open the web site as my security protection won't allow it. However I go to Guildford every week and next time I'm there I'll look it up. Seems to have very good reviews. Anyone here know it?

https://www.yell.com/biz/ben-s-collectors-records-guildford-847940/#view=popup4567

Click photos
Judging by the samples I wouldn't be interested in any of that lot though.

Last edited:
I can remember reading the strange names and messages written in the LP's near the centre. Don't know who put them there or what they were about , but once you found one you would look for others .

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Yeah You've made a good point. Cafe Nero have a good reputation for their coffee but they always seem to have every table occupied by someone who is sitting with an empty cup, a Lap Top on the table, and a brief case on the chair next to them while they are either thumbing away on their mobile phone or talking loudly to some minion in an office somewhere. You order a coffee find somewhere to perch yourself and 15 minutes later when you get up to go these Herberts are still there.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
That could apply to any cafe anywhere in the world, unless it's the three nattering old ladies with a small amount of dregs left in the bottom of their cups to justify blocking the tables while paying-customers come in, see no empty places, and go out again.

That could apply to any cafe anywhere in the world, unless it's the three nattering old ladies with a small amount of dregs left in the bottom of their cups to justify blocking the tables while paying-customers come in, see no empty places, and go out again.

Give me those old ladies who actually talk to each other any day rather than the sad people who sit in a coffee shop glued to their laptops doing whatever they have to do that is so important.

I went in to one cafe a few weeks ago for a coffee and pasty and there was only one suitable table for four left that was occupied by one person with his laptop (and an empty coffee cup). I asked if he minded if I sat down at the table. He didn't reply, just kept on looking at his laptop, so I took that as meaning he didn't mind and sat opposite him. When I left 20 mins later, after not a word was said between us, he was still there, scrolling away.

Edit: one local chain of coffee shops has even put notices up asking customers not to occupy tables for more than two hours.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I had to get rid of mine as I knew I would be moving around for a few years, Finland, London and Hong Kong.

Use Discogs regularly but the postage can be a bit pricey.
It's not so bad if the seller's in your own country... there's one LP I want (just for the cover, to add to a silly little collection), but it's an Australian release. The LP is around £4 but the postage is around £30 :ohmy:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
It's not so bad if the seller's in your own country... there's one LP I want (just for the cover, to add to a silly little collection), but it's an Australian release. The LP is around £4 but the postage is around £30 :ohmy:

I’m in Hong Kong so they’ll send anything to me registered which can get pricey. There are three sellers I like to use when I can, one in London, one in Osaka and another in Melbourne. They’re postage is a bit more reasonable.

Top Bottom